Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Knife Handles and Blades in 3D
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Knife Handles and Blades in 3D [message #54289] Thu, 20 September 2012 15:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar darrielc  is currently offline darrielc
Go to my shop
I need a molder to take AutoCad 2D designs of Knife Blades and Handles then modify them to 3D. Most handles will need textures. Blades will be straight forward and will require limited work. I need someone who is highly proficient in creating stl files and who is reasonable - around $150 per knife. I plan to create 5 to 10 knife models. The Blades will be investment casted and the handles will most likely be created at Shapeways. I have attached a example in pdf.

"D" Rocket Designs by Darriel Caston
Re: Knife Handles and Blades in 3D [message #54297 is a reply to message #54289 ] Thu, 20 September 2012 16:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi I'd be happy to work with you on this project, I've worked on knife handles and applying printable textures.
The quality of the texture will depend on the material printed in. You can send drawings and questions to info@dotsan.com

Shapeways has a prohibited products policy.

'Are there prohibited products?
Explicit sexual content and weaponry look products are not accepted on Shapeways, neither private, nor public. Any file containing such content will be removed without further notice. We are allowed to make an exception for miniature weaponry (maximum size 10cm)'

The handles will be ok but the blades may be an issue, send customer service an email.

Regards
Vijay

Shapeways reviews

modeling examples

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6761506563_2d250229e2_o.jpg
Your ideas modeled and checked for 3D Printing by Dot San by Dot San, on Flickr

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2012 16:49 UTC]

www.dotsan.com

Previous Topic:3D modeler needed for silver designs
Next Topic:I need a simple fix on a model