Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Question about Rings
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question about Rings [message #54212] Tue, 18 September 2012 11:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
So with rings being so popular I was wondering how high up on the "To Do List" is the idea of having Multiple sized files under one shop item?

For example. You make a ring in 12 different sizes and right now you have two options, option 1 is to have it as a co-creator and upload the right file everytime someone orders it, and then option 2 is to upload all 12 different files cluttering up your shop with repeating images.

what i would LOVE to see is the ability to have multiple versions available under one item. Just having each person select one of the avalible options or if they want multiple copies but in different sizes then an extra drop down for each copy they wanted.

This idea is to help with the flow of the shops and to help clean up clutter, making it easier for everyone in the end.

So. Is this concept high up on the "To Do List"? or is it fairly low?

Thanks for your time!

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: Question about Rings [message #57855 is a reply to message #54212 ] Sun, 02 December 2012 04:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Bumping this back up since this is something I'd like to see, too. Good idea.

- Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Question about Rings [message #58204 is a reply to message #54212 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 22:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Currently, a hack is possible with the Labs feature:
http://www.shapeways.com/labs

If you use the Create Variants tool, you can add multiple ring sizes to your shop.

As for a longer term solution, I will add it to the Shops Features request!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Question about Rings [message #79896 is a reply to message #58204 ] Tue, 26 November 2013 18:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
I think I will finally try this tool. If we just want one item visible in the store how to we set properties on the other sized items? Do you set them as "Offer for sale to others" but not "Display to the public"?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 November 2013 18:34 UTC]

Re: Question about Rings [message #79902 is a reply to message #54212 ] Tue, 26 November 2013 18:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
Ok, I got that to work BUT I think found a new bug.

As far as I can tell if you use the Variant tool the default material for the model will be set in the cart. There is no pull down from the variant tool generated code to select a material option. In addition, you can't change the material option once the model has been added to the cart. When did that cart capability go away? So it would seem the variant tool is only good for a model offered in one material variant, which is rather ironic.

Re: Question about Rings [message #87178 is a reply to message #79902 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 04:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DavidTsai  is currently offline DavidTsai
Go to my shop
How do you access the Create Variants tool?

I realize this is an old thread, is there a way now to do it?

I am trying to show a ring and have multiple sizes to click on within the description of the model.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Re: Question about Rings [message #87184 is a reply to message #87178 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 06:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
This is an old thread, but the link in it (above) is still valid.
Re: Question about Rings [message #87232 is a reply to message #87184 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 15:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar DavidTsai  is currently offline DavidTsai
Go to my shop
thanks

Previous Topic:Mobile Usage
Next Topic:Working faster than printability checks makes detail changes be useless

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.