Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Work in progress » Land Rover
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Land Rover [message #53875] Tue, 11 September 2012 15:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar MikeP  is currently offline MikeP
Go to my shop
This will be my first printed Vehicle. I wanted to pick something boxy to make it easier. Havent decided on a size yet but i'm aiming for 5-6 cms. Or around $100.

I know a lot of the detail in the texture map will be lost but I'll try it anyway and see how it comes out. The body is finished and welded closed. I just have to finish the texture map and apply it. The mapping on the rear isnt done at all yet. The wheel is a seperate model that I will print 4 copies of. The Bumpers will be separate models as well.

I should probably make door mirrors as well and include them with the bumpers.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20360&private=0

• Attachment: wip_LR_01.jpg
    (Size: 27.04KB, Downloaded 207 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2012 15:07 UTC]

Re: Land Rover [message #53884 is a reply to message #53875 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 17:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rithmikansur  is currently offline rithmikansur
Go to my shop
What material were you planning on having it printed in? The Standstone?

Blogging about shapeways, inventor, and anything else that crosses my mind
rithforms.blogspot.com
Re: Land Rover [message #53886 is a reply to message #53884 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 17:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, Sandstone. For the mapping/color

I know there's going to be a lot of degradation in the texture. I'm trying to work with the machine and texture map each "area" separately using as high a resolution portion of the texture map as I can.

I was going to print the wheels separately but now I'm worried I'll have higher resolution wheels than the body.
Re: Land Rover [message #53889 is a reply to message #53875 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here's the max model. Its pretty basic. I really wanted to do something quick. My original had an interior but it wouldn't work with Sandstone so I put in glass. I also think I should refine the area around the front door hinges and also the door handle.

I'm eager to get it finished so i can see how it turns out. It could easily be a blurry mess.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20363&private=0

• Attachment: wip_LR_02.jpg
    (Size: 101.96KB, Downloaded 178 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2012 17:44 UTC]

Re: Land Rover [message #54511 is a reply to message #53889 ] Wed, 26 September 2012 14:55 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop

Here's the finished printed model.

I've learned a lot. Especially about how to texture map sandstone.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20877&private=0

• Attachment: LRpic1.jpg
    (Size: 49.02KB, Downloaded 130 time(s))

Previous Topic:Can I meme too?
Next Topic:F*** you, I'm an Anteater

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.