Home » Community » Introductions » Good __(insert here as appropriate)__ morning - afternoon - evening
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Good __(insert here as appropriate)__ morning - afternoon - evening [message #53783] Sat, 08 September 2012 15:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar erellor  is currently offline erellor
Go to all my models
Ok, so I have been geeking out all night since I found this site. Shocked

My name is Erika and I live in Indiana. I am simply amazed by this technology. I found out about 3D printing on a doll forum. Another collector has ordered unique items as props for her dolls as it is difficult to find scale appropriate items. She explained it to me and I had a difficult time grasping the concept until my husband pulled up a video and really broke it down for me. After the initial shock wore off, I emailed friends of mine and practically shouted from my rooftop about my discovery. (still geeking out apparently) I collect various types of dolls including ball joint dolls and have several other hobbies involving varying degrees of crafting. For a long time I have spent countless hours scouring the internet and local resale shops for specific items to complete one artistic endeavor or another. I am gobsmacked that now, I have access to anything imaginable. I am not very adept with computer software so I plan to use Shapeways to make connections with people and commission what I am looking for. I am glad to enter into this community and look forward to meeting others.

Re: Good __(insert here as appropriate)__ morning - afternoon - evening [message #53834 is a reply to message #53783 ] Mon, 10 September 2012 12:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome, when you're ready, check out the modeler for hire section!

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Just wanted to say Hi from So. Cal. USA
Next Topic:Western, Fun and Down Home on the Range