Upload error WRL file

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 7436_deleted, Sep 7, 2012.

1. 7436_deleted
    7436_deleted Member
    I have created a zip file containing a wrl and jpg for Full Color Sandstone (see appendix)
    After uploading I get this message (see below)
    What am I doing wrong?

I use SketchUp 8 pro

Hi Hans,
    Uh oh! Seems like your model needs a bit more love before our robots can work their magic.
    The 3D model Untitled you recently uploaded didn't pass all our automated checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing.
    Our tutorials and FAQ can be super helpful for more detailed information, or you can always ask the community a specific question on our forum
    If you're stuck or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out at service@shapeways.com. Please include the file attached to the email, as well as any notes on your design, so we can help you solve your problem as quickly as possible.

Attached Files:

• test.zip

File size:
      33.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
  3. Hans, convert the mesh to a STL and put a link here. Least the gurus here can advise you better about mesh problems, if that is causing the errors.
    Keith(non guru)

4. 7436_deleted
    7436_deleted Member
    I have also tested with Rhinoceros 4.0 and Wings 3D and it works.
    With Skechtup 8 Pro will not do it.

Do I have the right settings (see appendix)

Attached Files:

• 1.png

1.png

File size:
      4.7 KB
      Views:
  5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    I'm getting 'Unsupported compression method' with 7-Zip for the zip file, perhaps Shapeways system is getting the same and chucking out a non-specific error?

6. Have you checked it in Netfabb?

7. 7436_deleted
    7436_deleted Member
    Which extension should I save it in Sketchup 8.0?

WRL and DEA are not recognized in Netfabb basic studio 4.4