Home » Support » Bug Reporting » InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53461] Sat, 01 September 2012 07:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar fx  is currently offline fx
Go to my shop
1. various checkout problems: people who cannot buy, mandatory registration for buyers
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10714& amp;start=0&
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10712& amp;start=0&

2. Pending sales and up-to-date XLS order overviews. When ?

3. Currency choice limitation. It's a regression.
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10626& amp;start=0&
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10650& amp;start=0&
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10662& amp;start=0&
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=rview&goto=53 294#msg_53294

4. Can't login to feedback.shapeways.com.
10. shapeways.com/feed doesn't work
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53462 is a reply to message #53461 ] Sat, 01 September 2012 09:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
fx wrote on Sat, 01 September 2012 07:53

3. Currency choice limitation. It's a regression.

Only relevant if the relevant tax authorities are not involved with this decision.

Quote:

10. shapeways.com/feed doesn't work

Works for me -- maybe it's your setup.

Bill Bedford
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53464 is a reply to message #53462 ] Sat, 01 September 2012 09:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Bill,

Natalia has already said the currency is location dependant - I'm in the UK, we don't use Euros, however it has now been dictated to me that I must use Euros even when my preferred currency is the same as what Shapeways use for model pricing and shop payments, the $.

The feed duplicates the first set of results when more are loaded = broken.

Paul

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53465 is a reply to message #53464 ] Sat, 01 September 2012 10:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sat, 01 September 2012 09:57

Bill,

Natalia has already said the currency is location dependant - I'm in the UK, we don't use Euros, however it has now been dictated to me that I must use Euros even when my preferred currency is the same as what Shapeways use for model pricing and shop payments, the $.

I'm in the UK too and we don't use dollars either. But the UK is in the EU and charges VAT on all purchases. I suspect that the likes of HMRC will make it a whole lot more complicated to charge VAT (as opposed to import duty) on dollar purchases.

Bill Bedford
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53468 is a reply to message #53465 ] Sat, 01 September 2012 10:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
The $ is my currency of choice when using Shapeways for the reasons already stated. 20% of £, Euros or $ is still 20% no matter the currency. To date, there have been no problems with me paying in $ and 20% VAT being charged. As far as I know there have been no changes in legislation to force anyone to pay in a nominated currency when making purchases within the EU.

I haven't a clue how much money is lost through multiple currency conversions, but let's stop to think about it for a minute - A customer pays Shapeways in Euros, Shapeways convert to $ to pay me my markup, PayPal then charge me a fee for converting back to Euros so I can buy stuff from Shapeways, pointless really when I (or anyone) should have the choice to pay in $ which cuts down lost money for everyone.

Currently, from what I can calculate, Shapeways Euro (undisclosed 1.23 $ per Euro) exchange rate means that the price is not equivalent to the $ price that the model pricing is based on, yesterday the difference was 1.8% in Shapeways favour, although I do understand that at times the difference could be in the customer's favour.

Now just to throw another thought to whoever reads this - how does gift vouchers and/or credits work out if they have a $ value?
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53535 is a reply to message #53464 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 15:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar opresco  is currently offline opresco
Go to my shop
"The feed duplicates the first set of results when more are loaded = broken."

Correct! And It's been like that for a long time now!

cascador
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53538 is a reply to message #53461 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 16:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop

If I'm logged in to the forums then open a new window and paste the feedback.shapeways.com link into the address bar I am then logged in to that IF I'm usingInternet Explorer. HOWEVER, I discovered a problem when using Google Chrome it showed I wasn't logged in. If I then wished to add a comment to a post I would be told I had to log in. Clicking on the log-in link took me (if I remember right) to the forums where I was already logged in! Therefore, as FX stated, using Chrome I could not log in but using Explorer I could.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53539 is a reply to message #53538 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 16:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
lensman wrote on Mon, 03 September 2012 16:29

If I'm logged in to the forums then open a new window and paste the feedback.shapeways.com link into the address bar I am then logged in to that IF I'm usingInternet Explorer. HOWEVER, I discovered a problem when using Google Chrome it showed I wasn't logged in. If I then wished to add a comment to a post I would be told I had to log in. Clicking on the log-in link took me (if I remember right) to the forums where I was already logged in! Therefore, as FX stated, using Chrome I could not log in but using Explorer I could.

Glenn

I just tried that, c&p'ing the url don't work for me when signed in (XP+IE8.0)

Paul

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53543 is a reply to message #53539 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 16:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar polychemy  is currently offline polychemy
Go to my shop
Checking out an Item on your Shop, at first shows the correct cost price during the check out process.

But when you pay with paypal, it charges the full price (with mark up)!

Polychemy - 3D Printing & Design
http://polychemy.com
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53547 is a reply to message #53461 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 17:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
@polychemy - Nope, I just went all the way through to just before authorizing PayPal to pay and the price showed as my price BEFORE markup the entire time...

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53548 is a reply to message #53543 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 17:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
polychemy wrote on Mon, 03 September 2012 16:59

Checking out an Item on your Shop, at first shows the correct cost price during the check out process.

But when you pay with paypal, it charges the full price (with mark up)!

I just checked this out with a model I have ordered for myself previously charged in USD.
I think the confuddlement here is that within the EU VAT is added onto the model price and shipping price before the total which is in Euros.
For my model the actual price in USD (no VAT) is very close to the Euro price including VAT, the same with shipping, instead of $9.50 (no VAT)shipping, I'm seeing E9.27 (VAT included) - everything pans out ok to the Euro pricing i.e. 9.27/1.2 = 7.75 x1.23(*) = $9.50175

(*)1.23 is the, as yet, undisclosed Shapeways exchange rate for $ to the Euro.

Paul

[edit] doh, forgot to say that the PayPal price in GBP from my bank account is only a couple of numbers shy of the Euro price = for me not worth bothering about buying until payment in the same currency as earnings is sorted out

[Updated on: Mon, 03 September 2012 17:32 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53550 is a reply to message #53547 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 17:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar polychemy  is currently offline polychemy
Go to my shop
lensman wrote on Mon, 03 September 2012 17:25

@polychemy - Nope, I just went all the way through to just before authorizing PayPal to pay and the price showed as my price BEFORE markup the entire time...

Glenn

It happens to me, and i ended up paying a markup on my own items. I had to get Shapeway to refund my purchase.

Polychemy - 3D Printing & Design
http://polychemy.com
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53551 is a reply to message #53550 ] Mon, 03 September 2012 17:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
logging in under the right username before buying gets around that one Wink

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53586 is a reply to message #53461 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 15:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Anybody from Shapeways reading this ? Could we get some fresh news about the bugs listed above ?
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53587 is a reply to message #53461 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 15:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Well I read it, and moved it to bugs so that it would get more attention from those that can give you an update.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53588 is a reply to message #53587 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 16:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Polychemy - this was a bug for a moment (literally a few hours) and we fixed it immediately. I just tested this on your account and it works fine - but as Paul mentioned you need to be logged in as yourself to buy your own items without paying markup.

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53604 is a reply to message #53588 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 20:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Natalia, any news about the "elephant in the room" ? (the five top bugs listed in the first post)
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53609 is a reply to message #53461 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 22:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys,

Thank you fx, believe me I am chasing down bug fixes for us most of the day! Here is an update on the most pressing issues:

Checkout problems - these are being handled on a case-by-case basis, as it seems there are minor issues that come up, which are being handled by service@shapeways.com. In the majority of cases, checkout is working fine

Regarding UserVoice:
It is not working properly at the moment, Recently UserVoice changed their policy and was spamming you guys when you logged on. So we have disabled single-sign on for UserVoice, until we can resolve it and not have them spamming you!
You can still use it, you just need to log on there

Currency:
I hear the multitude of feedback here, and will attempt to address it all:
Some facts:
Your shipment can go to different addresses as long as billing and shipping COUNTRY are the same
The website is in Dollars, and we convert to Euros.
Markups are paid in Dollars
Shapeways is registered as a business in both the US and the EU so we can offer Euros and Dollars.

Our website is in US Dollars, and we convert to Euros. We have always updated the conversion rate manually once a month (on the 1st). We do this unless the currency jumps dramatically, then we update it more often to be accurate.

The price you see is determined by your shipping address. You can not manually change it, sorry.

Currency is determined by SHIPPING address - so in your cart, when you choose your shipping country it will switch between Euros/Dollars - this is a way to see what it costs in each currency should you wish to do so.

You do not get charged currency conversion fees twice. A fee is only applied by Paypal once, when we pay you your markup. Shapeways does not charge any currency conversion fees, never has and never will.

If the concern is about losing/winning on fluctuating currency rates, then this is just a fact of global business. As a matter of fact, Shapeways pays the currency conversion fee every time someone buys something.

You want to see the exchange rate
We are happy to display the currency conversion we use on the site - I already asked for this, and it is in the works. We have nothing to hide, and I understand that displaying the rate we use will make it both clearer for you and easier to manage markups. This months is 1Euro=US$1.2611

You want to see VAT and you want to manage markups in either Euros or USD
You can see VAT on the Shop Inventory page - just click on 'Materials' on a model, and the popup allows you to select which material you sell the model, what markup you put on it, and to toggle between VAT and no VAT.
What I am proposing is that right beside this would be a Euro/USD toggle so you could see both currencies. This would also exist in the Edit Mode for models. This would be visible to shop owners only and would allow you to manage your markups regardless of you home country. If this sounds like a good solution, please let me know and I will push for it as soon as possible.

What I would like to avoid is doing a quick hack or a workaround, and then change the site again in two weeks when we have a more elegant, permanent solution in place. I want to reassure you that the overwhelming response we've seen about currency IS being taken seriously and we want to find a good solution.

Also, the current tool we have is the Markup CSV which allows you to see markups in Euros or USD - so this is the best place to see them both. And yes, I know telling you this while we all know it is currently broken is frustrating, and it is high on the list to be de-bugged.

My Sales: The 'Yippie' you sold something emails are going out but the sales page is still being worked on. A plus is that as of this month, everyone will get paid on the 15th, regardless of whether you made the $30 minimum so we can start with a clean slate.

Thank you for your continuing patience while we work through these issues!

Best,
Natalia

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53614 is a reply to message #53609 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 02:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
The new situation is:
Parcels can only be sent to same country than billing address.
Take hops to see/check prices applicable to different country than one in billing address.
Get paid in Dollars any earnings from shop sales.
Pay orders in Euros for all EU addresses, Dollars otherwise, no choice.
Pay or be exempt from VAT, as law commands, as per billing address.

The old situation is/was:
Parcels can only be sent to same country than billing address.
At own will, change a site wide setting of country and currency to see/check prices differently (talking with friends abroad, or the most common case of "generic customer").
Get paid in Dollars any earnings from shop sales.
Pay orders in Euros or Dollars, whatever buyer wants, thanks to the setting mentioned.
Pay or be exempt from VAT, as law commands, as per billing address.

Quote:

You do not get charged currency conversion fees twice. A fee is only applied by Paypal once, when we pay you your markup.

But Paypal does NOT force you to convert. Accepting only Euros from some people means Paypal gets money for nothing when people want to use Dollars they have (for example from SW sales). People is not complaining about going from single fee to double fee, but about the increase from none to single.

And we are also complaining about the disapperance for a quick global USD-EUR selection and VAT on/off for displayed numbers (seeing is unrelated to avoid paying VAT, please do not bring that up again), instead getting slow/hidden options (add to cart and change "estimate shipping"...) or none at all (still looking for a button in materials...).
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53623 is a reply to message #53614 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 11:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AD-Edge  is currently offline AD-Edge
Go to my shop
Cheers for the update!

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53655 is a reply to message #53623 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
The Problem is you are paying us with Paypal in US dollars. In my case I normally have most of the rest of Paypal balance in $ too. Now you are forcing us to pay in Euros if we are in the the EU. Now for me to pay in Euros I must convert some of my paypal dollar balance to euros. But Paypal does not give me the same rate you are using for the conversion but a somewhat worse one. Currently the rate seems to be about 1.308.

So if I buy a 10$ item you will charge me 10/1.211 = 8.26 euros . but to pay this with paypal I will have to use 8.26*1.308 = 10.80 dollars.

So you have just reduced my income by 8% by paying me in dollars and forcing me to buy in euros !

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53659 is a reply to message #53655 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 20:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That's the point exactly Tom!

The associated issue I have, is that the $ model pricing is static, the Euro pricing (and markup) can vary - recent 'Yipee! You sold a model' emails are coming through in Euros too Sad

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53666 is a reply to message #53659 ] Wed, 05 September 2012 23:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CityGenerator  is currently offline CityGenerator
Go to all my models
Eliminating the dups in the feed seems important to me. If we can see what products interest people, there's a greater chance that we will design things that actually sell.
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53705 is a reply to message #53609 ] Thu, 06 September 2012 19:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pinddle  is currently offline pinddle
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Tue, 04 September 2012 22:20

Hi guys,

You want to see VAT and you want to manage markups in either Euros or USD
You can see VAT on the Shop Inventory page - just click on 'Materials' on a model, and the popup allows you to select which material you sell the model, what markup you put on it, and to toggle between VAT and no VAT.
What I am proposing is that right beside this would be a Euro/USD toggle so you could see both currencies. This would also exist in the Edit Mode for models. This would be visible to shop owners only and would allow you to manage your markups regardless of you home country. If this sounds like a good solution, please let me know and I will push for it as soon as possible.

Natalia

That would be a good move.
I'm not too bothered what currency I have to buy in as it still involves a conversion to pounds.
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53848 is a reply to message #53461 ] Mon, 10 September 2012 22:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TomZ  is currently offline TomZ
Go to my shop
Let me just chime in with my frustrations about the EUR/USD thing:
1) I want to set the pricing for my customers (many of whom live in the US) in USD and have them be nice round amounts. I don't see an easy way to do this any more.
2) My PayPal account has US dollars in it - because Shapeways (and my private customers) pay me in US dollars. I just placed an €300 order. Using Shapeways' current rate, €300 = $378. However, because I happened to have US dollars in my PayPal account, I had to do a conversion. PayPal's horrible exchange rate means the order cost me $400.

By making this change, Shapeways has just forced me to "donate" nearly $25 to PayPal. I do not know about the precise tax rules but it seems clear to me: before I had the choice to pay in USD or EUR, now I don't. This can only be a bad thing.
I don't know if future shop payments will be in EUR (which would partially alleviate this problem) but I insist: why isn't it possible that we make the choice for ourselves anymore?
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53865 is a reply to message #53848 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 09:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Is there any more news on the USD/Euro ordering situation? I'm getting to the point where I'm running of of stock of some of the things I sell on Ebay and elsewhere. I really don't want to order while I have to pay in Euros and pay the Paypal conversion costs.

The relatively poor rates that Paypal uses means I will effectivity pay 5-8% more for my stock and that affects my bottom line. What makes it even more galling is the extra money is going to Paypal, it's not even as if Shapeways was making any more money out of this.

Now I'm lucky, in a month or two I'll be moving to my winter quarters outside the EU so I'll get back the ability to pay in Dollars, but most people don't have this luxury. I can afford to wait - it means I might run out of a few things and maybe lose a few sales but it's probably cheaper than paying the extra % on the whole order now.

But we shouldn't be forced into these sort of derisions by an ill-conceived change by Shapeways. Come on guys - you rely on shop owners to provide things for you to sell - why do you never ask us about your planned changes ? If we are left out of the loop we end up with the situation we have now, unhappy customers/associates and you having to go back and waste time and resources changing things again. It's not an efficient way to work for either of us.

Tom
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53882 is a reply to message #53461 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 16:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Update from the front lines...
CSV markup page is now LIVE!

RIght this minute, you can now download your CSV markup - which allows you to see markups in either Euro or USD.

http://www.shapeways.com/shop/markup-csv

More updates later today, just wanted to share this as soon as it was released!

Best,
Natalia

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53895 is a reply to message #53882 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 19:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Thanks much! Give the Dev team another cup of coffee as a reward. Laughing

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #53910 is a reply to message #53895 ] Tue, 11 September 2012 22:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar opresco  is currently offline opresco
Go to my shop
Agreed! This is a huge project! They fully deserve it!
I'd use this for the cup Laughing
index.php?t=getfile&id=20379&private=0
http://shpws.me/huap

cascador
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #54450 is a reply to message #53461 ] Mon, 24 September 2012 15:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Any news about:
- up-to-date XLS files ?
- the currency problem (please read: http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10718& amp;#msg_53848 , http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10718& amp;#msg_53655 , http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=10718& amp;#msg_53468 ) ?
- When will we be able to login to the feedback page ?

Thank you for the answer ! Smile
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #54586 is a reply to message #53461 ] Fri, 28 September 2012 04:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys!

Exciting update: we just re-enabled co-creators! You can now order, upload and modify your co-creator models.

Thank you for your patience while we fixed this, let us know what you think!

Natalia

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #54607 is a reply to message #54586 ] Fri, 28 September 2012 15:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Maundy  is currently offline Maundy
Go to my shop
Hey,
I've found a slight bug in editing co-creator models, if you try to add another field by clicking the + in the top right it just seems to take you to your own shop embedded into the window. This makes customisation limited to one field.
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #54622 is a reply to message #53461 ] Fri, 28 September 2012 21:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
We did fix that, so you just have to re-publish the co-creator and you will be able to add multiple fields.

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top three bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #54862 is a reply to message #54622 ] Thu, 04 October 2012 15:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
When I click on "Order Overview Download (xls)" and then on "Download Order Overview.xls", I get something like
Quote:

{nocache:45bb3bd5e6fdadf1c779f370f2c4d576#0}
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #55201 is a reply to message #53461 ] Thu, 11 October 2012 16:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Just an update to let you know what we are working on:

This week, the last issues for co-creators are scheduled to be fixed, along with the XLS download and gift cards.

Next week we will tackle UserVoice sign on and the creators like the VIbe.

Best,
Natalia

[Updated on: Thu, 11 October 2012 16:55 UTC]

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #55575 is a reply to message #55201 ] Thu, 18 October 2012 15:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cbfasi  is currently offline cbfasi
Go to my shop
Based on that, no sign of a fix for the Dollar/Euro problem, yet, but I hope its there on the horizon..

I live in the UK, and most of my paypal balance is in Dollars.. at the moment I am NOT ordering anything until its sorted..

Dollars are a worldwide standard, Euros are for Europe

Sorry to point out but the UK is NOT in the Eu Economic zone, which by definition puts it currency in Dollars as that's your other alternative.

Also to point out all the payments I get from Shapeways are in dollars anyway, so to me it makes perfect sense to use them to buy products in Dollars rather than Euros..

Cb.
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #55602 is a reply to message #53461 ] Thu, 18 October 2012 18:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

As you may have seen in Official Announcements, ( http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=11238& amp;start=0& ) this weeks release fixed:

The Vibe and the 2D to 3D popper (the image popper) - so those easy creators are back on and ready for you to use!
Any remaining bugs with Co-Creators should be totally squashed - but if you run into any issues at all, be sure to let us know please
Gift Cards are back in action - woo hoo!

Also, the site search is noticeably faster....and we launched sample kits and new polished colors!

And in case you missed it, NYC's Mayor Bloomberg officially opened the Factory of the Future in Long Island City today!

What a huge day all round for Shapeways!

We'll continue working hard.... Smile

Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #62603 is a reply to message #55602 ] Fri, 22 February 2013 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cbfasi  is currently offline cbfasi
Go to my shop
Couple of months later and we still have the Euro/Dollar issue.

Its getting infuriating* that I have to manually work out what the dollars you paid me are worth in Euros to buy items here on Shapeways, when Paypal also tells me what my dollar are worth in sterling because I live in UK, but NOT in Euros as the UK is NOT using them (and the way things are going never will.!! ).

Yes use the shipping address to work out tax, but please let us choose the currency !!

* So much so that I am putting off ordering still....
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #62604 is a reply to message #62603 ] Fri, 22 February 2013 16:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
WOT?

You mean you can't be *rsed to find yourself a currency converter calculator? C'mon now this is the 21st century...........

Bill Bedford
Re: InShape 2.0 chaos : top five bugs that need to be fixed quickly [message #62605 is a reply to message #62604 ] Fri, 22 February 2013 17:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Go to my shop
Can be arsed to use currency calculator, can't be arsed to pay PayPal fees for all the transactions. http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon9.gif

Paul

Pages (2): [1  2    »] 

Previous Topic:Search Function still not fixed/Problem with Tags
Next Topic:Private model thumbs in shopping cart disappeared

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.