Home » Community » General Discussion » New customer cannot check out
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New customer cannot check out [message #53455] Fri, 31 August 2012 23:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
How very appropriate that I'm posting this message after posting THIS in the forum when I questioned why a new customer has to become a Shapeways member in order to buy something...

A customer of mine is trying to place a nice large order and cannot proceed to the Billing screen. She has shown me a screen-shot where she has entered her shipping address and when clicking on the Billing button nothing happens!! She has tried this numerous times (in Internet Explorer) with no luck.

Has anyone heard of any new customers having a similar problem?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: New customer cannot check out [message #53466 is a reply to message #53455 ] Sat, 01 September 2012 10:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Not the exact same thing, but I heard from an existing customer that during the checkout process they suddenly had to re-enter their shipping address.
Other than that it seemed to work ok.
So there is definitely something off with the checkout procedure.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: New customer cannot check out [message #53578 is a reply to message #53455 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 12:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That's definitely no good, I've forwarded this post on as that needs to be fixed PDQ.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: New customer cannot check out [message #53584 is a reply to message #53455 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 14:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Glen,

Is she trying to enter a different billing and shipping country? I just tried to checkout as a new customer and it is working for me, so I'd love to find out what exactly is going wrong so we can fix it ASAP

Feel free to forward me her screen-shot please!
natalia@shapeways.com

Thank you!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: New customer cannot check out [message #53598 is a reply to message #53584 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@Natalia - thanks, but I have Chantal working on this now. And I couldn't show the screen shot here since it shows the customer's name and address. Thanks anyway.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: New customer cannot check out [message #53601 is a reply to message #53598 ] Tue, 04 September 2012 18:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Glen - great!

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:Model pricing is in USD
Next Topic:Why does a customer have to sign up to order?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.