Home » Support » 3D Printing » purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53304] Wed, 29 August 2012 15:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar 3gfisch  is currently offline 3gfisch
Go to my shop
i have a few purple spots on my wsf and i like to know where are they from? manufacturing or transport or??
http://s7.directupload.net/images/120829/vc5xwdov.jpg

and sample kit also wsf is fused together
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120829/nlzg628s.jpg

any ideas?
thx

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 19:11 UTC]

Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53308 is a reply to message #53304 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 15:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
On the Sample kit... take a toothpick and see if it's just loose material that didn't get cleaned.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53309 is a reply to message #53308 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 16:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stonysmith wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 15:48

On the Sample kit... take a toothpick and see if it's just loose material that didn't get cleaned.

thx worked ^^ haven't thought that the powder is pressed in that hard ^^ i wonder how they get the powder out of my other prints ^^ must this don all by hand by every model? i thought 90% of the powder will fall out if you take it out of the printer ^^
thx

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 18:53 UTC]

Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53312 is a reply to message #53304 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 17:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The purple is confounding me. I wouldn't think the non-dyed parts would get close to dyed parts to transfer color?!? I'll see if anyone knows!

If the color is a problem, email CS to get it straightened out.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 17:07 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53319 is a reply to message #53304 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi 3gfisch,

3gfisch wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 16:33

i wonder how they get the powder out of my other prints ^^ must this don all by hand by every model? i thought 90% of the powder will fall out if you take it out of the printer ^^
thx

It would be great if the powder just fell out by itself! But no, we clean every part by hand, and sometimes a bit of powder will get stuck and stay there, so some loosening will get the part free, just as Stony suggested.

For the color though: that should not have happened!
Did you order a purple part too and maybe they touched in transport? It would be useful to know if under extreme heat or wet conditions the color transfered, so I am curious to know, as once it is dyed it is not supposed to transfer.

Regardless, we will fix it for you! So please feel free to email service@shapeways.com with the photo and we will happily reprint the part in WHITE!

Best,
Natalia

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 18:31 UTC]

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53324 is a reply to message #53319 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 18:31

For the color though: that should not have happened!
Did you order a purple part too and maybe they touched in transport? It would be useful to know if under extreme heat or wet conditions the color transfered, so I am curious to know, as once it is dyed it is not supposed to transfer.

Nop i ordered white, alumide and red parts and only by the small parts in one bag have a vew purple spots.
Reprint is not necessary because this are more or less experiments ^^ but a few cents off my next order will be better ^^
but this souldnt happen in future an especially not if someone buys this in my shop..
I will email..
Re: purple color on wsf? and sample kit fused? [message #53333 is a reply to message #53324 ] Wed, 29 August 2012 19:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
I guess they have a very stressed out octopus in the machine shop doing the unloading.
Razz

Previous Topic:Unglazed Ceramic
Next Topic:to low polygons? or non phong tag?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.