Home » Support » 3D Printing » Question on “Minimum Detail”
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question on “Minimum Detail” [message #4993] Tue, 23 June 2009 18:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar kolo  is currently offline kolo
Go to all my models
For the material "White Detail" and "White, Strong & flexible" the minimum detail is 0.2mm. Does that means that the "extrude” in the picture bellow would print correctly (it is 0.2mm in diameter and 0.2mm high)? What about the “cut” (which also is 0.2mm wide and 0.2mm deep)?

Best Regards
Kjell

index.php?t=getfile&id=880&private=0
Re: Question on “Minimum Detail” [message #4996 is a reply to message #4993 ] Tue, 23 June 2009 22:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Kolo,

The extrude or details on the extrude would come out to 0.2mm so they would work. However the minimum wall thickness of the White Detail material is 1mm so this means that the part itself will not get past our filters.

Joris
Re: Question on “Minimum Detail” [message #5012 is a reply to message #4996 ] Wed, 24 June 2009 18:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the clarification Joris.

Some more “printing” questions:

The holes in the picture bellow are drawn with different diameter (0.3, 0.5 and 1mm), the thickness of the “part” is 1.5mm and the holes are thought to go through the whole part (1.5mm). Will this work (in White Detail) or will some of the hole not be printable (i.e. the 0.3mm one)?

Regards
Kolo

index.php?t=getfile&id=891&private=0

• Attachment: holes.jpg
    (Size: 26.83KB, Downloaded 305 time(s))

Re: Question on “Minimum Detail” [message #5013 is a reply to message #5012 ] Wed, 24 June 2009 18:30 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
While I’m one it: This picture shows two “extrudes” with different dimensions. How will they work in White Detail (I know the first one is only 0.15mm high and that one should maybe not work)?

Once again, Joris thanks for your help, if I can get this right you will soon have an order.

Rgds
Kolo

index.php?t=getfile&id=892&private=0

• Attachment: notch.jpg
    (Size: 27.36KB, Downloaded 307 time(s))

Previous Topic:about thin walls
Next Topic:Food-Safe Materials