Markup CSV wont' download FIXED!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 119881_deleted, Aug 22, 2012.

1. I just set up my first shop on Shapeways and am keen to start selling my models. I'd like to include a very small markup on and read the tutorials on how to adjust that item by downloading the markup CSV file. I can see the red button that I'd click to download it but the file itself doesn't download.

I'm using a Ubuntu machine at home and Windows here at the office and this doesn't work on either.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  2. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi!

We are aware of this problem and this is something our Development Department is working on so this will be fixed very soon.

If everything is going all right, this should be fixed before the end of this week. If you can please try to do this again tomorrow or otherwise next Friday.

If you have got any other questions, you can always contact us by sending an email to service@shapeways.com.

Cheers,
    Christel

Customer Service Agent
    www.shapeways.com

3. I logged in today to check and see if there were any updates but see that I still can't download the CSV. Any updates?

Thanks

4. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi,

This unfortunately hasn't been fixed yet, this probably will be fixed next week.

My apologies that you can't open this right now.

Kindly,
    Christel

Customer Service Agent
    www.shapeways.com

5. Has there been any update on your end? I tried, again, to download this spreadsheet on both of my home machines (one Ubuntu and the other a PC) as well as in different browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Explorer) and can not get the sheet to download.

Cheers
    /chris

6. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi Chris,

The CSV markup is not live yet, sorry.

However, you CAN update your markups in the Shop Inventory part of your Shop. On any one of your models, just click on the 'Materials' tab, and it brings a popup that allows you to choose which materials to sell in and what markup should be.

You can also edit markups on the individual model Edit Page - just click on the Edit tab on your model.

Hope this helps in the meantime!
    Natalia

7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Another bug (related to shop inventory) - the page has no vertical scroll bar after clicking the materials link and closing the markup pop-out. I tested in both IE8 and Chrome

Add that one to the list please.

Paul

[hr][hr]

8. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    So I did some QA testing on the Markup CSV pages after moving from old to new framework with one of our devs on Friday. This page should hopefully see an update shortly.

9. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    It's LIVE!

RIght this minute, you can now download your CSV markup - which allows you to see markups in either Euro or USD!

Best,
    Natalia

10. JediDA
    JediDA Member
    I'm still getting 504 Gateway Time-out errors every time I try to download the markup CSV. I've used a mac at home and at work, with both Safari and Firefox, and no luck. How come it's still not working for me if it's been working for everyone else? I've been trying since October.

11. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi David,

I've investigated this and the timeout is happening because you have over 500 models. This issue affects just a few of our members, yourself being one.

If not all of your models are available for sale, an alternate way to change markups is on the individual product pages. This may not be ideal, but it is a temporary solution for the time being.

Sorry not to be able to have the full best news for you.
    Natalia

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  12. JediDA
    JediDA Member
    But that's exactly the problem, isn't it. If I had fewer than 500 models, then It wouldn't be as big a deal to make the changes to markups on 32 different materials per model. It still wouldn't be ideal, but it would only be about half as bad. But with your recommendation using the current system set the way it is, it takes a little over an hour to pull up a set of 25 individual sizes and make the adjustments to each material, and that is with me copying and pasting as quickly and efficiently as I can.

So let me ask you this, when you say it's a temporary solution for the time being, is this something that's actually being worked on or even looked into, or is it just a placation? It's okay if it is, I just need to know so I can either wait and hold out hope, or continue to slowly chip away at the task until it's finished or I've gone insane. Either way, in the mean time, is there some way of creating a markup csv on just half or even a quarter of my models at a time? Or is there something that you can do on your end to create a csv for the few of us that do have over 500 models that won't cause a timeout since you don't have to go through the whole internet to make it?

Finally, I'd just like to say I don't mean to offend in the least. In my head, what I've written above is said with a touch of self-deprecating humor, but my wife just read it over my shoulder and informed me that it's possible not everyone will read it that way. However, I'm not quite sure how to reword any of it, so instead I must simply ask your forgiveness for badgering you with my frustration, and read it with the same hopefulness and lame attempts at humor as I intended it. Again, thanks for the amazing service that you guys provide. It truly is an awesome thing that you do to be able to think something and have it shipped to your door within a couple weeks.

13. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Stop letting your wife read over your shoulder <grin>

I just (re)tested this in my own shop. The CSV file that you upload can be as small as one single markup change. There's NO requirement that you update the entire shop at once.

As far as some option to download only part of the CSV.. see what the team comes back with.

14. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi David,

it was not meant to be a placating response at all, in fact two of our developers said they made significant progress last night on the larger underlying issue (that is causing this CSV timeout).

So we are working on it!

Almost without exception, everything reported in this thread gets a bug report, and it gets looked at to be fixed. Not everything gets fixed right away, as things are put in a queue and we only have a small team of developers... so they need to sleep sometimes!

Thank you for your patience, i will keep you posted as to the progress - and whether some sort of multi-part download is possible.

Best,
    Natalia