Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Who wants to help make a Lantern??
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Who wants to help make a Lantern?? [message #52858] Sun, 19 August 2012 21:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar himynameisnathan  is currently offline himynameisnathan
Go to all my models
Hello there! I'm needing someone to render a model for a Green Lantern Corps lantern for a costume I'm putting together. Pricey replicas be damned! If anyone is interested, please let me know here, or send me a private message!
Re: Who wants to help make a Lantern?? [message #52898 is a reply to message #52858 ] Mon, 20 August 2012 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
If you want it fullsize, you might be better off with the pricey repilcas.The example I saw of the size of the lantern looks about 2 foot tall. The model would be quite easy to make, I worry the size of it may be too large for the printer. Looks fun to do though.
Keith

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Who wants to help make a Lantern?? [message #52903 is a reply to message #52898 ] Mon, 20 August 2012 19:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Modelsbymarsden  is currently offline Modelsbymarsden
Go to my shop
Nothing is too large to print if you know how to make it into a "kit". Something like a lantern would be a lot easier to CNC in bluefoam, quick and simple.

www.modelsbymarsden.com
Re: Who wants to help make a Lantern?? [message #53981 is a reply to message #52858 ] Thu, 13 September 2012 06:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Reidh  is currently offline Reidh
Go to all my models
you want this ( see picture file )

tell me what are the dimensions you want it built to. I will make a 3d model in either/or .3ds , .obj , and .stl and send color renderings and front and side views with dimensions in them. or what?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/jogi21/random/green- lantern-lantern.jpg

have you seen this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19015_green-lantern-vs.-green -hornet-telling-them-apart-5Bchart5D.html
Re: Who wants to help make a Lantern?? [message #54325 is a reply to message #53981 ] Fri, 21 September 2012 07:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar himynameisnathan  is currently offline himynameisnathan
Go to all my models
The dimensions listed for the expensive "JLA Trophy Room" lantern are "approximately 12" tall x 9.75" wide x 8" deep". Those will work for me. As I've told the couple of ppl who've PM'd me, I'm a complete noob at this 3D modeling thing, so, as far as the technical details, you'll have to be patient with me. I'll give you all the information I can to make this project a success... In fact, here's a link to what I'm basically trying to emulate: http://www.dccomics.com/collectibles/jla-trophy-room-green-l antern-power-battery-prop-replica

Thank you both for your interest in my project! Hope we can make this happen!!

Previous Topic:I need a simple fix on a model
Next Topic:Nintendo Controller Cut ups