Model with textures issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 205908_deleted, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I uploaded this model - VRML with textures - but it is shown without textures. Any idea?

Attached Files:

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    It looks like you have some overlapping geometry as can be seen by the interference patterns of the UV maps on the image below. Shapeways MeshMedic gets confused with such geometry and chops stuff about, sometimes losing structures, mapping or both.

overlapping geometry.JPG

Paul

[hr]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. I uploaded another model - VRML with textures - with fixed overlapping geometry but still it is shown without textures.
    Any solution?

Attached Files:

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    The model has 'border edges' (yellow in the image) - these are the edges of triangles where they do not join anything,
    effectively the mesh is open. Shapeways MeshMedic will fix the border edges, but the image mapping information
    gets messed up.

View attachment 19668

The structure of the model can be fixed by saving as an STL file, then uploading it to NetFabb Cloud Service
    - download the fixed file, convert back to WRL and apply the textures. (Fixed WRL file attached - no textures)

Paul
    p.s. If you've found this helpful, please leave feedback on my Modeller for Hire forum post (link below). Thanks :)

[hr]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012