Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Making "White Strong & Flexible" parts watertight
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Making "White Strong & Flexible" parts watertight [message #52591] Tue, 14 August 2012 21:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar cyeeskunk2  is currently offline cyeeskunk2
Go to all my models
I would like to make a part using White Strong & Flexible (PA 2200) material. However, it says it is not watertight. The part we are making is for a car part that needs to be watertight. Can you recommended a way to seal it? Perhaps infiltrate it with resin or brush it with a solvent?

For example, we made many parts using ABS plastic from our FDM machine and brush the parts with acetone to make them watertight. That worked well but now we want to try Shapeway's services.
Re: Making "White Strong & Flexible" parts watertight [message #52605 is a reply to message #52591 ] Wed, 15 August 2012 08:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Welcome to Shapeways! Smile

WSF parts can be sealed with pretty much any kind of paint or varnish that is suitable for nylon-12. The first few coats will soak in, but after that a decent sealed surface is formed.

Paul

Previous Topic:Suggestions for paint or whatever to fill in text engraved in white detail ?
Next Topic:material suggestions

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.