Home » Community » General Discussion » PM bot says "i have a patent for that idea."?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
PM bot says "i have a patent for that idea."? [message #52448] Fri, 10 August 2012 05:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Hi all,

Just now I got a rather curious PM through the forum:

Subject:i have a patent for that idea.
Body:u know i hope that u just cant take my idea and put it out. we can work together my email is ****

That's it Wink
It's a bit hard to take seriously when the subject of the claim is not even mentioned, let alone the the official grammar/language used.. Wink

Looks more like some sort of spam bot, so I just wanted to post this here in case anyone else got such messages and gets freaked by it.

Should I ever get more info to his "claim" I'll post it here.

Cheers,

Stijn

[Updated on: Fri, 10 August 2012 05:59 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: PM bot says "i have a patent for that idea."? [message #52449 is a reply to message #52448 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 06:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ah the plot thickens Wink

I also got a comment on this old concept model:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/150575/universal-wrist-device .html

So that explain the what Wink
Not sure what the problem should be, as the model is not even for sale.
And the messages are very vague and thin.

Re: PM bot says "i have a patent for that idea."? [message #52453 is a reply to message #52449 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 08:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
A patent is an official document. If he really has a patent for something like that, he should be able to quote some kind of patent id number and in which country that patent is registered.

Greetings
Dragoman
Re: PM bot says "i have a patent for that idea."? [message #52455 is a reply to message #52453 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 08:26 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks! Yes that is also the reason I posted it here, in case anyone else got such vague claims.
Thought it might be a new type of patent trolling Laughing

Previous Topic:White Strong Flexible max weight ?
Next Topic:Thermos

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.