Home » Community » It arrived! » Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd [message #52446] Fri, 10 August 2012 03:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar dtistudio  is currently offline dtistudio
Go to my shop
This was my first attempt at created a fun, car antenea spinner using the color sandstone material,

I was VERY pleased with the look, feel and durability of the material. I was also very happy with the quality of the color printing.

I did find that the coloring faded pretty fast in sunlight. I sprayed the part with some clearcoat which helped keep the fading to a minimum.

When I tested the product it took until I reached 40 MPH for the snitch to start spinning.

I need to add more angle to the "wings" so that it will spin more consistently and at lower speeds.

If I can eliminate the fading and get the wings to react better I will be happy with this product.
index.php?t=getfile&id=19486&private=0

• Attachment: PICT5043.JPG
    (Size: 1.65MB, Downloaded 288 time(s))

DTI Studio - Dennis Roffe
Re: Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd [message #52454 is a reply to message #52446 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 08:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Very cool!

For the spin at whatever speed, a cup or trough shape would work (similar to an anemometer or Vertical Axis Wind Turbine).

Re: Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd [message #52467 is a reply to message #52454 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 17:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
Ha that's awesome! Is it available for sale?
Re: Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd [message #52501 is a reply to message #52454 ] Sun, 12 August 2012 01:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks and thank you for the advice. I've never heard of an anemometer so I cant wait to check it out. The vertical axis is the tricky part to this design. Thanks again.

Re: Car Antenea Snitch - Angry BIrd [message #52502 is a reply to message #52467 ] Sun, 12 August 2012 01:30 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hey carine,
It is not for sale yet because I need to make a couple of adjustments. Hopefully I will have something ready within a month.

Glad you like the design.

Previous Topic:Moebius Ring with Continuous Text
Next Topic:Tetrahedral iPhone Stand