Home » Support » 3D Design » Can't figure out why my design isn't available in Alumide
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can't figure out why my design isn't available in Alumide [message #52429] Thu, 09 August 2012 20:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar jedibugs  is currently offline jedibugs
Go to all my models
Hey guys, I have a small part that I need printed in Alumide, but it doesn't seem to be an option, even though it seems to be within the parameters. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something?

Thanks,

-Shawn

Re: Can't figure out why my design isn't available in Alumide [message #52430 is a reply to message #52429 ] Thu, 09 August 2012 20:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Your model may be within the parameters of Alumide, however for some materials the bounding box that encloses your model must have all sides more than 2.5mm, you model is just under half this on one axis. the solution is to rotate the mesh relative to the axis. Realigned model attached which has Alumide as an option Smile

Re: Can't figure out why my design isn't available in Alumide [message #52432 is a reply to message #52430 ] Thu, 09 August 2012 21:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jedibugs  is currently offline jedibugs
Go to all my models
Wow. Excellent advice! Thanks so much!
Re: Can't figure out why my design isn't available in Alumide [message #52433 is a reply to message #52432 ] Thu, 09 August 2012 21:20 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
No worries Very Happy

Previous Topic:Help with coin print
Next Topic:Interlocking help.