Home » Community » General Discussion » "Magic Arms" - a little girl and her 3D printed exoskeleton
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
"Magic Arms" - a little girl and her 3D printed exoskeleton [message #52266] Fri, 03 August 2012 18:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar ericjjenson  is currently offline ericjjenson
Go to all my models
I'm a filmmaker from Minneapolis who had the opportunity to fly to Philadelphia and capture this heartwarming story about little Emma. Emma was born with Arthrogryposis, and she can't lift her arms by her own strength. Researchers at A. I. duPont Hospital for Children created a device that helps her move her arms, and it wouldn't have been possible without a 3D printer

I think you all will enjoy the story.

https://vimeo.com/43254602

FYI, the story was created as a case study for Stratasys.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 August 2012 18:32 UTC]

Re: "Magic Arms" - a little girl and her 3D printed exoskeleton [message #52267 is a reply to message #52266 ] Fri, 03 August 2012 18:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
That's great that you were a part of that! I saw the story on Wednesday and we shared it on the Blog.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: "Magic Arms" - a little girl and her 3D printed exoskeleton [message #52268 is a reply to message #52267 ] Fri, 03 August 2012 18:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Oh cool! Sorry if this is redundant then.
Re: "Magic Arms" - a little girl and her 3D printed exoskeleton [message #52269 is a reply to message #52268 ] Fri, 03 August 2012 19:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Not at all, that's awesome that you were part of that, and it's right around the corner from me! (Eastern shore of Maryland).

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: "Magic Arms" - a little girl and her 3D printed exoskeleton [message #52271 is a reply to message #52269 ] Fri, 03 August 2012 19:30 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
It's not always that I get to work on such a fantastic story. Emma, Megan (her mother), Tariq and Whitney are all amazing people.

That was my first real time spent on the east coast. There's no other place like it in the world. D.C., Baltimore, Philly, New York....short drive from one major city to another. (vs. 7 hours from Minneapolis to Chicago, for example)

Previous Topic:Sell Shapeways Store Products on Website
Next Topic:Small gear for mini motor (0.77mm hole) IS IT POSSIBLE ?