Home » Support » 3D Printing » High Detail Print (WD or FD?)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
High Detail Print (WD or FD?) [message #52046] Sun, 29 July 2012 00:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar ClothBender  is currently offline ClothBender
Go to my shop
I'm currently modeling a high detail Dragon Priest Mask from TES V: Skyrim. I was originally planning on printing it in white detail, but after working with the model in ZBrush I am not sure that WD will capture all the detail I want.

Would White Detail be sufficient, or should I opt for Frosted Detail instead? The attachment has two pictures of my incomplete model with the amount of detail work I am aiming for in the finished piece.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I make what I want, because I can
Re: High Detail Print (WD or FD?) [message #52069 is a reply to message #52046 ] Mon, 30 July 2012 08:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
What size should the mask be? What is the width / depth of the furrows?

The Shapeways materal status page lists the size of the minimum detail for each material. Anything smaller than that will be invisible or distorted.

In my experience, detail should be about twice the minimum size to make sure it comes out well.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Previous Topic:Embossed detail
Next Topic:Color Sandstone Quality

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.