Home » Community » Feature this!  » 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #51961] Fri, 27 July 2012 03:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar RubenAlexander  is currently offline RubenAlexander
Go to my shop
Here are the links:

weapons: nunchucks - http://www.shapeways.com/model/591441/nunchuck_ball___chain. html
flame sword -
http://www.shapeways.com/model/614444/flame_sword.html

espresso cups: http://www.shapeways.com/model/628739/espresso_1__twist.html

http://www.shapeways.com/model/628711/espresso_2__triple_don ut.html

store: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/zdd

story

::weapons::

I made these to show my brother the amazing things that can be done on shapeways. He is a phenominal illustrator of anime inspired characters, but has kept his material hidden for years. I offered to design some of his characters and took a small detour to make weapons fir the said characters. Miniature weapon design was much more fun than I anticipated and will continue making items for his upcoming character + transformers (my son just got some). Designing items and having them arrive at the door is so much fun! When a shapeways package arrives, my son and I enjoy opening the box, seeing the new designs, holding them, and playing with them.

::espresso cups::

I was a barista at Starbucks for 4 months and in that short time, my mind was opened to the world of coffee. Since then, I've learned how to make my own coffee roasts and prefer espresso shots to coffee. I read in a shapeways blogpost that doing variations on a basic design fostered creativity, and I decided to give it a try. After getting to the 19th design, I decided to pick the 3 I liked the most and order them. Two arrived 1 week early (printed in NYC?) !! The other I just ordered today. The cups I release reflect my love for geometry and fresh espresso, and allows me to appreciate both passions in an infinite amount of cup designs.

- Ruben

blog: zerodistancedesigns.blogspot.com
Re: 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #52468 is a reply to message #51961 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 17:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
awesome! love your work.

Director of Marketing, Shapeways
Re: 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #52469 is a reply to message #52468 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 17:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar carine  is currently offline carine
Go to all my models
I work here
Oh and by the way, you might want to be careful with selling the nunchucks in metal...they probably can't be printed with the interlocked chain, and they could actually be used as a weapon :/

Director of Marketing, Shapeways
Re: 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #52471 is a reply to message #52469 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'll disable the metal options. I should've removed them since I only have printed plastic so far.

Thanks!

- Ruben

Re: 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #52478 is a reply to message #51961 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 19:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ruben Alexander wrote on Fri, 27 July 2012 03:21

Two arrived 1 week early (printed in NYC?) !!

Close, but the NYC printing facility only prints FUD right now.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #52479 is a reply to message #52478 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 20:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oh ok. I just got a stainless steel piece over a week ahead of the ship date. I love fast shipments!

- Ruben

Re: 2 espresso cups, 2 miniature weapons came in [message #52480 is a reply to message #51961 ] Fri, 10 August 2012 20:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Both of those materials are produced in the US, just not at the NY printing facility.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:iPhone 4/4S Case Ripple
Next Topic:Polychemy.com - IPhone 4/4S Cases

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.