Home » Community » Work in progress » Model Errors
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model Errors [message #51795] Tue, 24 July 2012 20:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar pra4surf1  is currently offline pra4surf1
Go to all my models
All,

My first model upload attempt failed so I used Netfabb to make repairs because it would not upload. The model then uploaded. I have since ordered the model.

I just sent it to a friend at a local college mechanical department who said he could print a few samples today. He said it still has errors.

Should I use meshlab also or what else can I try. I used the tutorials section to make the repairs as I am new to this.

My friends last day in this department is Thursday and he will print a few for free. Any help or another forum on this topic would be great! Have to keep confidential for customer so I can not post model to public. Thanks for any help!!

Just to clarify, it meets thickness, and is an stl file.
Re: Model Errors [message #51798 is a reply to message #51795 ] Tue, 24 July 2012 21:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pra4surf1  is currently offline pra4surf1
Go to all my models
ok...my friend told me the model has unsmooth edges on the curves. I used google sketchup to draw this. How can I make the curved edges smooth? Thanks!

Previous Topic:Trying to go from Sketchup to OBJ?
Next Topic:Sake & Espresso Spiraling Tower Cup

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.