Chained Skull Ring

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Braddock, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Braddock
    Braddock Member
    version2.0_lineup_onblack_small.jpg

Great detail in the silver casting. I ordered this one unpolished, and finished myself with a Dremel and vibratory tumbler.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Very nice work! you should insert the picture into your post so more people can step in and see what you've done.

3. Braddock
    Braddock Member
    Thanks, I was wondering why it wasn't showing.

4. Beautiful ring! Great work, it looks awesome. I love the detail you can get from making silver prints.

5. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Great work, I like that you didn't focus the detail only on the top of the ring. Kinda looks like a futuristic skull ring. What kind of vibratory tumbler are you using?

6. Braddock
    Braddock Member
  7. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Cool, yeah I hear vibrating tumblers are better then rolling tumblers and this one says it retains shape better. How long did you leave it in the tumbler?

8. Braddock
    Braddock Member
    All up, it was probably in there for about 5 hours.

9. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Really impressive!

Lincoln

10. Good job. Is this a render or a photograph? I can't tell and I am usually good at it...

11. Braddock
    Braddock Member
    Thanks. This is a photo. Renders generally look cleaner, no imperfections, dust etc

12. Good renders can look very realistic as imperfections can be simulated.

13. Braddock
    Braddock Member
    True, but I I don't go to that much trouble with my renders, and I wouldn't have posted a render in the just arrived section as it would be misleading.

I'll post the original render, and another photo later

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  14. True too!