Email uniformity

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Jul 17, 2012.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Please can;
    Shop Order Overview
    and
    Shapeways | Yippee! You've sold a model through your Shapeways Shop emails
    and
    Congrats! You've sold a model through your Shapeways Shop emails

All contain the pertinent information... i.e. the full model name, and the model number - maybe with a handy dandy clickable link wherever possible?

Coz I forgets the numbers assigned to my creations.

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012
  2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    The middle one - Yipee! may be more difficult than the others.. it includes a PDF of everything that was sold, and there might very well be more than one model that it is reporting as sold.

3. stop4stuff
    Now here's a thought - The Yipee! email could be the easiest to change the PDF as most of the information is already there, it just needs a few extra parameters when being dynamically created - hyperlinks can be included too.

And the Congrats! email doesn't really do anything apart from confusing the way of saying 'the model you or someone else bought has been shipped'

4. ChristelM
    ChristelM Shapeways Employee CS Team
  5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I changed the topic name to something more useful ;)
    But I agree on the topics raised.

I am also still very much puzzled by the "Congrats! You've sold a model through your Shapeways Shop emails" subject line.

It has nothing to do with sales? More with the actual shipping?

6. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    The way that I understood it.. the "Congrats! You've sold.." email was changed to that Subject because it confirms that the model shipped. This is after any possible rejects, and happens as the item is placed into the shipping box. That way, it is much more likely that the attached markup will make it into your monthly payment. Emails of models at the time of sale are subject to cancellation and rejection, therefore you can't sum those up to get an accurate picture of what your payment will be.

It reads to me that the "Yipee!" email may be headed to the bit-bucket. I for one like that email, and it's fine with me for it to be only once per day.

7. stop4stuff
    Hi Christel,

Call me a stickler or a fuddy duddy, but Shapeways have a forum section for site feedback, to which this topic is related and posted in. So no, I'll post here if that's ok. (to my mind there's no need to spread stuff about when it can be focused in the intended area)

Here's my suggestion for how I'd like things to work;

1. Yippee! You've sold a model email stays the same, but also includes the full model name and links to the model page as well as the Shop/Sale T&C's.

2. Go back to 'Your model has been shipped' but maybe include some code to differentiate whether I should be expecting the printed model or someone else has their order headed to them.

3. The Order Overview has all of the information except for the model number - the model number should be there too please.

To get to 1 & 2 should be simple coding as all of those emails are dynamically produced by code with parameters sucked straight out of whatever database the info come from, I expect 3 is no different.

Paul

8. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback, obviously you all noticed we overhauled our emails last week!

We wanted to make them as streamlined as possible, and it seems we could add a few more features like model names so I am taking on all this feedback to integrate it as best we can.

Thank you!

Natalia

9. stop4stuff
    above is what the email says - bold is the subject

...hang on

...mmm

...is this a new email for those models with zero markup that don't get mentioned anywhere other than in shipping email notifications?

Paul

p.s. @ potential spam farmers - don't bother, it will cost you :twisted:

10. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

Thanks for calling this in, we are aware of this and we will fix this :laughing:

@Paul, we are not going fix step 3 and have model ID in your order overview, instead we will make sure that you will see the model name again in the emails! :)

I'll keep you guys in informed.

11. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi Mitchell,

I am surprised to read the order overview will not include the model id.This feature has been requested by many over the years as model names can and tend to change and it makes it really hard to build sales stats.
    Perhaps between brackets in (front of) the model name field?

Pretty please? :)

Stijn

12. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Ok wait Virtox, it will not be implemented right now.

Top priority is to fix the emails right now, after this I will discuss with the product team about model ID in the order overview

sorry for the confusion

13. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Last Yippe email has no model ID number anywhere in text, html or pdf... the other option is that optometrist will be fired. That email looks pretty much unchanged to be exact, the text version even includes html tags as before.

Edit: does Yipee replace Congrats? One of the last annoucements promised no more false sales due to rejections.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012