Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » small lunar landscape wanted
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
small lunar landscape wanted [message #51208] Thu, 12 July 2012 02:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar krachmeler  is currently offline krachmeler
Go to all my models
I'm looking for someone to create a small disc of the lunar surface as it appears in a full moon. Something like the picture here
http://boingboing.net/2012/07/10/lunar-topography-replicated -in.html

but mine would of course not be made out of wood. (Btw, I've already contacted this artist and his machinery can't operate at the small scale I need.)

I'd like something about 1.5 inches in diameter and in cross section more like a contact lens than a coin. About 0.25 inches in depth at the center and 0.125 inches deep at the edge. Made from White Detail I think. I'm going to use it to create a food grade silicone mold.

Seem doable?

Thanks,

Kim
Re: small lunar landscape wanted [message #51273 is a reply to message #51208 ] Fri, 13 July 2012 13:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar KUBZ  is currently offline KUBZ
Go to my shop
I could help you with that !
Just send me a private message !

Portfolio: www.facebook.com/KellyGreen3D
Re: small lunar landscape wanted [message #51337 is a reply to message #51208 ] Sat, 14 July 2012 21:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar krachmeler  is currently offline krachmeler
Go to all my models
I've got folks working on this already so no need for more modelers right now thanks.

And I must say that this was a very effective way to get very qualified people to look at my project so here's a hearty "huzzah!" to all of you for being such a talented and fast-moving group of people!
Re: small lunar landscape wanted [message #51349 is a reply to message #51208 ] Sun, 15 July 2012 02:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Be sure to post a screen shot when its finished, please

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:3D Modeler needed for sci-fi wargame project
Next Topic:Modeler Needed