Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Volume reduction needed in highly complex mesh models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Volume reduction needed in highly complex mesh models [message #51123] Tue, 10 July 2012 21:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar ebone  is currently offline ebone
Go to my shop
I have some very complex mesh models created from 3D scans of natural objects. These forms are organic shapes. I need someone to reduce the volume to bring down the printing price, while keeping the outside of the model the same.

Also just putting this out there- I've had a problem before with other jobs I have posted on here not being delivered after I have paid so I would like to have an arrangement where I pay a deposit and the rest on completion, or total on completion

Thanks!
Re: Volume reduction needed in highly complex mesh models [message #51136 is a reply to message #51123 ] Wed, 11 July 2012 12:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Viktop  is currently offline Viktop
Go to all my models
I can do it cheaply. You can pay me on completion.
Re: Volume reduction needed in highly complex mesh models [message #51146 is a reply to message #51123 ] Wed, 11 July 2012 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CADNinja  is currently offline CADNinja
Go to my shop
PM sent

Inspire through Design, Create Solutions, Deliver on Promise
Re: Volume reduction needed in highly complex mesh models [message #51152 is a reply to message #51123 ] Wed, 11 July 2012 16:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi everyone, than you for your responses, I've found someone for the job Smile
Re: Volume reduction needed in highly complex mesh models [message #51526 is a reply to message #51123 ] Wed, 18 July 2012 15:03 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hi once again,

I actually spent some time on netfabb and meshlab and managed to do this myself. It wasn't too difficult at all following these steps:

https://sites.google.com/site/3dprintfaq/workflows/hollowing -a-model

Previous Topic:Looking to hire a 3D modeler for immediate paid work
Next Topic:oringal part that i need