Home » Community » Work in progress » Scoobie Bracelets
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scoobie Bracelets [message #51121] Tue, 10 July 2012 21:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
OK, they actually arrived, but I prefer keeping them as work in progress, I will explain why later.

The Scoobie Bracelet and the Twisted Scoobie Bracelet are two bracelets made like lanyards.

The regular one is made of 4 strings forming actually 4 loops.
http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/640x476_613842_488488_1341943320.jpg

For the twisted one, I twisted one end of a quarter of turn before joining both ends. It is made of one single string and thus one loop (similar to a moebius shape).
http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/640x476_613844_488494_1341943395.jpg

Their internal circumference is 20 cm.

Unfortunately, they are not flexible as I expected. So your fist has to go through a circle of 20 cm of circumference if you want to wear them. I'll try to make thinner strings (currently they are 1.5x3mm) to get a better flexibility (hopefully). That's why they are still tagged "work in progress".

Check the video.

Do you like them?

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Scoobie Bracelets [message #51140 is a reply to message #51121 ] Wed, 11 July 2012 12:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I do like them, what about trying elasto?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Scoobie Bracelets [message #51330 is a reply to message #51140 ] Sat, 14 July 2012 19:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Yes, you are right. It should work with Elasto Plastic. And the thickness should be enough.
But I am not really convinced by the black color...
I will perhaps give it a try: I have still 6 days left to decide Smile

[EDIT] Arghhh: the clearance should be 1.5mm so unfortunately this design won't work with Elasto Plastic (only 0.5mm of clearance)

[Updated on: Sat, 14 July 2012 19:08 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...

Previous Topic:Bird Skull Pendant
Next Topic:Jor-El 1/6 Scale Crystal Mask Superman

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.