Home » Support » 3D Design » wall thickness on heads
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon8.gif  wall thickness on heads [message #51068] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar gcptkilla  is currently offline gcptkilla
Go to all my models
Dear all ,

i am creating heads with a big hole at the neck to save money.
So far so good.

I am spending the most of the time to get the min. wall thickness of 2mm. (sandstone 3d printing)

Attached please find a screenshot.
there you will see that it differs sometimes from 6mm to 0.9mm. Embarassed

Do you have any idea to make the min. wall thickness exactly and easier?

I am working with zbrush and cinema 4d,

I hope you could help me.

regards

Re: wall thickness on heads [message #51070 is a reply to message #51068 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Best way I know of is to use Blender, read through this, and it will tell you how to do it in Blender, creating an easy unified wall thickness. http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9932&a mp;start=0&

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: wall thickness on heads [message #51074 is a reply to message #51070 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 15:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gcptkilla  is currently offline gcptkilla
Go to all my models
Thanks for your fast help.

But I have problems with intersecting walls at the ears, nose and eyes.

Is there a possibility that I import the head with hole and incorrect wall thickness and then blender moves only the inner wall away from outer wall?

thanks
Re: wall thickness on heads [message #51075 is a reply to message #51068 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 15:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
That's pretty much the limit of my Blender knowledge, so hopefully someone else can jump in and help you. There may even be a zbrush or cinema 4d solution, but I don't have any knowledge of using them.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: wall thickness on heads [message #51091 is a reply to message #51068 ] Mon, 09 July 2012 20:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Use MeshLab - See http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=rview&th=9324 &goto=47799#msg_47799

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 20:59 UTC]

Re: wall thickness on heads [message #51514 is a reply to message #51091 ] Wed, 18 July 2012 11:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Get your self a copy of VisCAM Mesh. 30 days usable test version. It will automatically hollow out your model to the thickness you want. http://www.marcam.de/cms/viscam-mesh.84.en.html

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:Wallthickness Issues
Next Topic:How to fix zero wall thickness

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.