Home »  » 3D modeler needed » Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick [message #50688] Mon, 02 July 2012 03:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar ItsVictorB  is currently offline ItsVictorB
Go to all my models
I need someone to help me finish my model. I'm designing a cuff bracelet and have designed it as a flat, 3D bar. I usually use the Shape Bender plugin for SketchUp to bend it, but it's not working with this one.

I just need someone to take what I have and bend it into a bracelet for me. The dimensions are as follow (picture not to scale Very Happy )

http://i46.tinypic.com/22mus.jpg

I have both a sketchup file and a DAE file which I'll upload on here so that you can take a look at what you're dealing with. Right now it's scaled up 100x. It should be 3mm thick.

Here is a link to a bracelet I did that is exactly the same but just a different design. It should look like that when finished.
Link is here: <a href=" http://www.shapeways.com/model/620198/a8b63a05d54d410492cbac bf5b0b3ec3 " target="_blank"></a>

Let me what we can work out. Thanks!

[Updated on: Mon, 02 July 2012 03:17 UTC]

Re: Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick [message #50689 is a reply to message #50688 ] Mon, 02 July 2012 03:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Here is the SketchUp file:

Re: Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick [message #50694 is a reply to message #50689 ] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi ItsVictorB,

I took a quick look at your model with a view to bending the bracelet, unfortunately the construction is not one that works with the methods I use - the band is made up of very few triangles which are all lengthways, it needs to be made up of many triangles that go across the width of the band.

I can reconstruct the band to make it 'bend' friendly, however ther is a fair bit of work involved. Send me a PM if you like to discuss further.

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick [message #50718 is a reply to message #50688 ] Mon, 02 July 2012 18:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BabaJaiy  is currently offline BabaJaiy
Go to my shop
Hi Victor...I can do this for you if you haven't had someone already contact you.

Just a couple questions about measurements - haven't opened your file since I would be able to do it just from this image you have provide getting the same contours.

As you have posted I'm assuming the leaders you have are to be for overall height, width and opening - your leader lines seem a bit off. Don't know if you wanted that on purpose.

Also, how wide is the metal band to be itself in addition to being 3mm thick?

Update:

Also what material do plan on using to have printed?

I just looked at your model in Sketchup and saw all the stars and raised lettering.

When you said 3mm thick I was assuming you were planning on going with the Shapeways metal since 3mm is the minimum thickness.

However, still even with a 1mm minimum for detail( metal ) I'm afraid you models stars will not print out to look like stars and the letters themselves will not be nearly as "crisp" looking as in your model - due to the small size.

Additionally, although the edge of your bracelet is 3mm thick, the interior with the letter and stars cut out leave portions thinner than 3mm thick which may be a problem when it comes to printing.

Thought you should take this into consideration.

If you still really want to give it a try as is, I can still model it and just see how it actually turns out if printable.

As an alternative I could just do raised lettering with a few large stars to each side of the phrase.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 July 2012 19:12 UTC]

Re: Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick [message #50772 is a reply to message #50718 ] Tue, 03 July 2012 23:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I appreciate everyone's interest. This project has been taken care of.

Thanks for your time. It is appreciated.
Re: Need someone to finish my project - really simple and quick [message #51982 is a reply to message #50688 ] Fri, 27 July 2012 11:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FrankB  is currently offline FrankB
Go to all my models
We are Quality Casting Inc.
We have a full service Cad and prototyping dept. We can mold, cast and outsource finishing of any jewelry design.
We cast Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, Brass and alloy.
For more information Email- cadcam@qualitycasting.com

Previous Topic:Need ring made - with engraving and hollow top
Next Topic:Worm gear needed - see technical drawing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.