Home » Community » It arrived! » Flying Pig spotted at Shapeways!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Flying Pig spotted at Shapeways! [message #50640] Sat, 30 June 2012 03:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Why a flying pig? No idea. I was just messing around with ZBrush one day and came up with this. Just had to get it printed. I also analysed the price difference between hollowed and non-hollowed versions of the same models (very easy in ZBrush using Dynamesh).
And the verdict was that I had to offer two versions since the hollowed out version in ceramics was quite a bit more expensive.
Model page HERE
Glenn

index.php?t=getfile&id=18115&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=18116&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 30 June 2012 03:43 UTC]

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Flying Pig spotted at Shapeways! [message #50691 is a reply to message #50640 ] Mon, 02 July 2012 07:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Cool pig. Ive been wanting to try new materials myself. How long have you been working with Zbrush? I just discovered Dynamesh with their latest version. Its the best.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: Flying Pig spotted at Shapeways! [message #50697 is a reply to message #50640 ] Mon, 02 July 2012 11:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks. I guess I've been using ZBrush for about five years now(?). I thought it was a great programme for organic modeling but it always left me frustrated as my models developed that I would get meshes that looked like crap due to expanded and/or crushed polygons, so much so that I would leave the programme unused for months at a time... and then along came Dynamesh. Wow. What a difference that single-handedly made to the programme. Now you can stretch, squash, add basic shapes, perform booleans (simple ones) and hollow out your model with an even shell thickness - and all the while your mesh retains its form all over your model with a simple re-Dynamesh.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Toroidal Half 120-Cell
Next Topic:Dragon Die, Transform!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.