Flying Pig spotted at Shapeways!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by lensman, Jun 29, 2012.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Why a flying pig? No idea. I was just messing around with ZBrush one day and came up with this. Just had to get it printed. I also analysed the price difference between hollowed and non-hollowed versions of the same models (very easy in ZBrush using Dynamesh).
    And the verdict was that I had to offer two versions since the hollowed out version in ceramics was quite a bit more expensive.
    Model page HERE
    Glenn

flying pig ceramic2.jpg
    flying pig ceramic in hand.jpg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. SGDesigns
    SGDesigns Member
    Cool pig. Ive been wanting to try new materials myself. How long have you been working with Zbrush? I just discovered Dynamesh with their latest version. Its the best.

3. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Thanks. I guess I've been using ZBrush for about five years now(?). I thought it was a great programme for organic modeling but it always left me frustrated as my models developed that I would get meshes that looked like crap due to expanded and/or crushed polygons, so much so that I would leave the programme unused for months at a time... and then along came Dynamesh. Wow. What a difference that single-handedly made to the programme. Now you can stretch, squash, add basic shapes, perform booleans (simple ones) and hollow out your model with an even shell thickness - and all the while your mesh retains its form all over your model with a simple re-Dynamesh.