Home » Support » Bug Reporting » no printer available
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
no printer available [message #50606] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Twice recently I've done minor changes to models only to have the new version rejected with the message "We're sorry, but there was a problem with processing your model.........

Based upon the size, volume and wallthickness of your product there is no printer available which is able to print your product. Please adjust the volume and/or size of your product."

The first incident of this was with one of my own models but the second is a customer order which broke, so I am making a part thicker. Shapeways CS is aware of the problem I had with the first one but has not come up with a solution.

I've tried running the model through a Netfabb repair but I still get the same problem. Any suggestions as to what else I can try as the customer wants to reorder ?

The model is this one http://www.shapeways.com/model/598846/6c33a735bd33dce32f8183 4176c0ca8a

I've attached the STL if you want to look at it yourselves.

Tom

Re: no printer available [message #50609 is a reply to message #50606 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Have you tried uploading as a new model?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: no printer available [message #50612 is a reply to message #50609 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 17:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ah that is interesting - if I upload it as a new model it does so successfully.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/618410/

The mystery deepens........

Tom

[Updated on: Fri, 29 June 2012 17:45 UTC]

Re: no printer available [message #50615 is a reply to message #50606 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 18:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That's why I moved it to Bug Reporting & Site Feedback Wink

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: no printer available [message #50621 is a reply to message #50615 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 20:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes feel free to move my postings when I'm to lazy to workout the right place the put them Very Happy

As a little bit more investigative work I tried updating the original item with a completely different file that I had successfully updated a different model with .

This failed too!
Re: no printer available [message #50676 is a reply to message #50621 ] Sun, 01 July 2012 13:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Tebee,

This happened because no material was available for your model (because the one and only material you had enabled was restricted)

To solve this, make sure that atleast one material is available again (edit model page) and try to update your model again!

This way your model will process correctly.

My apologies for the confusing message you have received, i'll address this!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways

Previous Topic:Poly count limitation where to find?
Next Topic:BETA Shop Inventory - Discussion & Feedback

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.