Home » Community » Introductions » Howdy
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Howdy [message #9804] Wed, 10 February 2010 13:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar bcournoyer  is currently offline bcournoyer
Go to my shop
Hey everybody,

I've been posting a little already and with the help of a few of you sent my first model to be printed yesterday! Thanks guys!

I did some 3d modeling back in the 90s with RayDream. I now do a bit of wood carving. I'm excited to marry my wood carving skills with my computer skills and avoid all the time to carve out my idea.

Bill
Re: Howdy [message #9806 is a reply to message #9804 ] Wed, 10 February 2010 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
mmmm *dreams of a wood pulp printed model* There is something about the look and feel of wood that really works for me. I used to do some carving myself, although I never had any skill at it. Welcome to the community.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Howdy [message #9836 is a reply to message #9804 ] Thu, 11 February 2010 08:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ushanka  is currently offline Ushanka
Go to my shop
I've heard MCOR Matrix produces objects with the feel of wood, which is pretty neat if you ask me.

bcournoyer: Minne-snow-ta? How's that this time of year?
Re: Howdy [message #9840 is a reply to message #9804 ] Thu, 11 February 2010 13:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bcournoyer  is currently offline bcournoyer
Go to my shop
Only about 2ft of snow in my front yard . It's a balmy 3F this morning.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 February 2010 13:34 UTC]

Re: Howdy [message #9886 is a reply to message #9804 ] Fri, 12 February 2010 16:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
We have ya beat here in MD then. We had 2 ft before this last storm piled another 8 inches on top.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Hi from Istanbul
Next Topic:A Hello From Wiltshire, England

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.