Home » Community » It arrived! » Teeny Weeny Altair
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Teeny Weeny Altair [message #9722] Mon, 08 February 2010 21:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar TommySaysSoWhat  is currently offline TommySaysSoWhat
Go to all my models
I had this old texture map of my Altair laying around. And I used to have a VRML file for it, too. But I couldn't find the VRML, so I had to remake it. It's just a box. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, the result is a tiny little Altair 8800, just over 3cm wide. I think it's pretty cool, but the texture seems to be roughest on the sides with the most detail. Is that related?

Anyway, 3cm is probably too teeny. I have a larger model uploaded, but making it 50% bigger more than triples the cost. (The bottom is also texture-mapped. It's a solid block.)

index.php?t=getfile&id=2594&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=2595&private=0

Re: Teeny Weeny Altair [message #9862 is a reply to message #9722 ] Thu, 11 February 2010 22:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar inio  is currently offline inio
Go to my shop
Would you mind uploading the texture map so we can get an idea of the color reproduction?

also: is that a GIANT micro-sd card in the background? Do you have something about making things the wrong scale? Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 11 February 2010 22:48 UTC]

Re: Teeny Weeny Altair [message #9880 is a reply to message #9862 ] Fri, 12 February 2010 14:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
No problem! It's 1000 x 1000 pixels to make it easier to map the coordinates to the VRML, since I was doing it by hand.

Sharp eye on the MicroSD. Actually, that's a reader for the actual MicroSD card. It's the size of a normal SD card.

Re: Teeny Weeny Altair [message #9881 is a reply to message #9862 ] Fri, 12 February 2010 14:54 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
I should also note that there's a black cat hair on it that I didn't notice until after uploading the photo. That thin black line near the back edge of the top is not part of the model.

I also have texture maps for an IMSAI and a Tandy Model 100. Smile

Previous Topic:Irrational Designs Martian Saucers
Next Topic:My first print

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.