Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96479] Tue, 19 August 2014 12:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar Designed_by_Isis  is currently offline Designed_by_Isis
Go to my shop
Dear,

I have noticed that my co-creator rings (customers can choose their size) all have the "first to try"-label.
Although they are printed before, in several sizes, they are stil "first to try".
Do I have to create a separate model for each size to solve the problem? Or is there another solution?

Kind regards
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96541 is a reply to message #96479 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 00:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
First to Try applies separately to each material.
index.php?t=getfile&id=68750&private=0
Items ABOVE the red line that I've added are "Products", Items BELOW the line are FTT.

Also check the Percentages on the EDIT page next to each material.
index.php?t=getfile&id=68751&private=0
Anything that is 80% or less will be FTT, any above 80% should be a "Product".

• Attachment: Image1.jpg
    (Size: 23.04KB, Downloaded 101 time(s))

• Attachment: Image2.jpg
    (Size: 13.66KB, Downloaded 98 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96564 is a reply to message #96541 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 07:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
If you check his shop, you will see that the personalizable (is that a word?) rings - I think there are only two, heart and rose - have all their materials under the "first to try" heading. So it could indeed be that the printing history of this kind of variable model is not tracked correctly.
(Also the distinction between the "Product" and "First to try" materials in the selection box still could be confusing to a new customer. Perhaps it needs a different word in place of Product, or an explanation tag there too ? And/or the red line that you drew for clarity - though it could be shapeways blue rather than red)
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96573 is a reply to message #96564 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 09:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Quote:

So it could indeed be that the printing history of this kind of variable model is not tracked correctly.

I don't know, but I imagine any prints from a co-creator are effectively new Models for SW's purpose - so no data from them would be attributable to the 'based-on' Model.

And with all the discussions about FTT and minor updates to models, this surely comes under the same heading: how different is a different Model? In the case of text, for example, is the font always the same, the number of letters, the spacing, size etc.?

Edit: Re why there are pictures but still FTT, were the files modified after these successful prints? A test print can be successful but still indicate areas for modification.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 August 2014 09:05 UTC]

Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96574 is a reply to message #96573 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 09:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Even if SW stays in their logic the flow will be:

Basic version: First To Try
First Order (when successfully printed): Product
Every time a new cocreator is ordered and uploaded it will also be printed and delivered: so it will still end up in "Product" after delivery

More then 8100 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96601 is a reply to message #96574 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 13:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
There is no succes rate visible, although the models are not changed after printing. (rose ring have been printed many times without problems!)
I don't know why the fields manual check and succes rate are blank.
Maybe because they are not printed in every size?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96603 is a reply to message #96601 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Could be that "cocreator" is a bad choice for your product if all people can change is the ring size. Maybe "product variants", i.e. a bunch of links to actual static models in the various ring sizes would be more appropriate ? As AmLachDesigns wrote, with "cocreator" your rings get lumped in with models where the customer can add texts or similar almost random geometry changes that make the result truely unique to the point that no meaningful success rate can be computed.
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #96615 is a reply to message #96603 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 14:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
If you could supply some specific model #'s it'd be a big help with looking into this.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"? [message #97005 is a reply to message #96479 ] Mon, 25 August 2014 11:50 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
@ mkroeker : I think that this might be the best solution. Before "first to try", co-creator models were an organized way to offer a variety of sizes. Now it's only confusing. So I will upload product variants.

@ stonysmith : the models are Curved heart ring, model nr 398365 and Rose ring, model nr 462369

thank you for your help

Previous Topic:New Material Renders Question
Next Topic:Duplicating Ring Models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.