Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » New Material Renders Question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #95833 is a reply to message #95829 ] Mon, 11 August 2014 06:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Yes please make the following changes for rendering.

1) Generated old pictures can be used as default
2) Use the same view and size for all generated renders (old and new)
3) Any user uploaded picture/render can be used as default (don't disable default when it is marked with the non default material => that's shop owner's choice)
4) Generate renders for a material although there is a user photo available which is marked with this material

for discussion
5) show generated renders when a user selects a material (ever discussed to use a small version of the render for the material icon?)
6) don't show this renders in the picture line below the main picture

More then 8700 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #95869 is a reply to message #95833 ] Mon, 11 August 2014 18:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
woody64 wrote on Mon, 11 August 2014 06:25

Yes please make the following changes for rendering.

4) Generate renders for a material although there is a user photo available which is marked with this material

I think that if you generate the renders before uploading photos and specifying a material it will be there. If you already have photos it might be a good idea to un-identify them before generating renders to get all the renders.
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #95895 is a reply to message #95833 ] Tue, 12 August 2014 00:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
woody64 wrote on Mon, 11 August 2014 06:25

for discussion
5) show generated renders when a user selects a material (ever discussed to use a small version of the render for the material icon?)
6) don't show this renders in the picture line below the main picture

That would be a lot less clutter, bottom picture line to pick pictures, animation and default grey, and new renders only when clicked in the right side bar icons. No need of making them pic thumbs, that will load slower and no detail visible anyway.
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96509 is a reply to message #94149 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 18:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
Hey guys,

UPDATE: We are back-processing renders starting NOW. This means that ALL public models on the site will have their own render within the next 6-9 days (yup! that's how long it takes!!)

If you haven't already POSED your render, now's the time. Here's a quick tutorial on how to pose your render

Don't worry, you can pose your render anytime, but now is a good time to make sure your products are displayed in the best light.

For those of you with FUD models, we will be updating the initial shader we launched with, to a newer one that looks great.

Looking forward to a lot of beautiful new renders!

Natalia

Ps - Thank you for the continued feedback on how to make renders better, we'll be updating as we make progress on the suggestions!

edited to correct FUD render question

[Updated on: Tue, 19 August 2014 19:06 UTC] by Moderator

Ex-Shapeways Community Manager <3
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96512 is a reply to message #96509 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 19:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kzasada  is currently offline kzasada
Go to my shop
A quick update-- Natalia posted quickly since she was so excited, but we *will* be updating all FUD models to a new shader that shows details better and has a blue background. This will replace any old SW material renders you have with the old FUD or FD shader, since those were hard to see. We'll get around to all of them over the next week, but if you want to speed up the process you can go into the render posing screen and make a small change, which will kick off a new set of renders. All of the existing orientation will be maintained.
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96531 is a reply to message #96512 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 21:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
I can dream that the 3D render that rotates to be rendered in the default material of the product like *brass :D

...big dreams makes beautiful future.

numarul7 jewelry and design
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96535 is a reply to message #96531 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 21:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
If I remember correctly, the rotating preview is actually a slideshow composed of many precomputed images - so I'd say wait to see how long the just announced generation of new renders for all models will take and which - ahem - effects it may have on site performance...
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96536 is a reply to message #96535 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 21:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
mkroeker wrote on Tue, 19 August 2014 21:54

If I remember correctly, the rotating preview is actually a slideshow composed of many precomputed images - so I'd say wait to see how long the just announced generation of new renders for all models will take and which - ahem - effects it may have on site performance...

Was a bit of sarcasm in there... ;)

numarul7 jewelry and design
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96562 is a reply to message #96536 ] Wed, 20 August 2014 06:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Still the old grey default render is not selectable as default picture ...

Woody64

More then 8700 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)
Re: New Material Renders Question [message #96967 is a reply to message #96562 ] Sun, 24 August 2014 23:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
And models uploaded with color data should default to colored render, at least if FCS(/FCP) is possible. Bunch of old test models appear white now.

Pages (2): [ «    1  2] 

Previous Topic:Shop sellings
Next Topic:Co-creator products are always staying "first to try"?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.