Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #78801] Tue, 12 November 2013 16:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar Steve Winter  is currently offline Steve Winter
Go to my shop
I recently added some Earrings on my shop. These are actual working 3D rolling ball cube mazes. I see one big impediment to sales of these Earrings, and that is that a customer has to purchase the Earring hooks separately. I think that many customers would be put off by this inconvenience, and this would deter them from making a purchase. I think that if the hooks were included with the order that this would result in many more sales of Earrings from Shapeways shops.

I wanted to see what other Shop owners and Shapeways customers think of the idea of Shapeways making Earring Hooks available as a purchase option when ordering Earrings from a Shapeways Shop. These could be made available at a relatively low cost, and would make the customers buying experience closer to a normal retail purchase of Earrings.

I remember when Shapeways did an experimental offering of free earring hooks that were included with the order of earrings from a Shapeways shop. This inspired a lot of show owners to add earring designs to their shops, and resulted in lots of sales. After this experimental program ended I could not find any information on what the results were, and what the plans were to make this an official offering in the future. With all the earring sales on Shapeways I would think that offering this option at a small charge would be a profitable option for Shapeways, and further increase sales of earrings. It would also give products a more retail look and feel to customers.

Reply to this poll and tell Shapeways and the Shapeways community what you think of an official Earring Hooks option. Let Shapeways know why and how this would be a good service to offer, and how this would increase Shapeways business. They need some good business incentives to offer this.

Best Regards
Steve Winter

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 00:25 UTC]

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #79503 is a reply to message #78801 ] Thu, 21 November 2013 18:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SavIsSavvy  is currently offline SavIsSavvy
Go to my shop
Please do share the feedback of your poll with us! This great feedback to gather and share with the greater team.

Savannah, your Shop Owner Coach/Global Community Manager
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #81027 is a reply to message #79503 ] Wed, 11 December 2013 10:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kreator  is currently offline kreator
Go to all my models
Yes I would like to have earring hooks available as an option.
I didn't found any pool to click on, so I reply here.

Also options to add bead or chain necklace for pendants would be nice.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #82184 is a reply to message #78801 ] Sat, 28 December 2013 23:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ppoz  is currently offline ppoz
Go to my shop
I never really thought about it before, but I suppose there are some potential customers who spot a nice pair of earrings on Shapeways and think "but then I'd have to go to the craft store and buy earring hooks" and then they decide not to order them. If Shapeways decided to add this feature, it would be good to put it where the customers will really notice it. Or perhaps a little notice when they get to the checkout that asks if they'd like to include earring hooks with their order. Any little extra feature that entices customers to order more awesome Shapeways designs!

I might be putting the cart before the horse, but could you also include the little rubber backs that keep the hook from falling out of your piercing hole?

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/499917956/Free-Shipping-8000-Pcs-Lot-5mm-X-4mm-Rubber-font-b-Earring-b-font-font-b.jpg
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #82335 is a reply to message #82184 ] Tue, 31 December 2013 20:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DesignbyDalton  is currently offline DesignbyDalton
Go to my shop
I also vote yes. I would certainly sell more earrings if the hook was included.

Send an email to DaltonBissell@live.com for a free quote on any custom orders.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #82642 is a reply to message #78801 ] Mon, 06 January 2014 16:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar japhyr  is currently offline japhyr
Go to my shop
Yes! I have been thinking of making earrings, and I think they'd be much more appealing if they came with hooks.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #83060 is a reply to message #82642 ] Sun, 12 January 2014 14:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
We would like this a lot, maybe add chains to necklaces as well !

I would be happy to give a bit of our markup to make our customers happy, searching for good quality hooks and chains is not easy for a customer that doesn't need 100 hooks or 5m chain :)

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future ! *back on the forums ! x)
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #83130 is a reply to message #79503 ] Mon, 13 January 2014 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Steve Winter  is currently offline Steve Winter
Go to my shop
Shop owners please keep you requests coming. The more requests received the better the chances of these options becoming available. Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 13 January 2014 15:50 UTC]

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #84846 is a reply to message #78801 ] Thu, 13 February 2014 17:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar vfxguy  is currently offline vfxguy
Go to my shop
I'd like to have this option. I think shapeways was offering hooks before, but stopped.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #85596 is a reply to message #83130 ] Fri, 28 February 2014 11:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jacquesbazin  is currently offline jacquesbazin
Go to my shop
Yes, I am very keen to have Shapeways offering earring hooks as an options, with Shapeways adding the cost of the hooks and hook set up to the cost of the earrings. I have been wondering whether Shapeways had any significant sales of earrings without hooks to customer other than to the shop owners who will fit the hooks and sell the earrings on, From my own experience, a few first time customers have bought earrings with the expectation that they will come with hooks and are very disappointed when they arrive without them .
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #86042 is a reply to message #85596 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 20:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jose_narvaez  is currently offline Jose_narvaez
Go to my shop
having earring hooks when you purchase your earrings would be great! i have already 3 earring designs but i stopped early when i noticed my possible customer won,t have a complete product. it will be nice also that when you purchase your earrings in gold plated brass, you receive it with the hooks in the same material, or even in the raw metals to achieve that vintage style. i think it will be perfect for the precious and raw metals. about the necklace for the pendants it will be nice to include it, probably for this if someone buy a pendant in premium silver it will be expensive to include a necklace in the same material but there´s options like stainless steel non 3d printed necklaces that can go perfect and they are inexpensive, even in golden option too, for the brass option. for example, i have this pendant recently in my shop, and i took photos with a stainless steel necklace that perfectly matchs with the silver pendant, but it could be way better if you receive it with a necklace like this too!
Hopefully, things can change in the future, beginning by the earring hooks. by the way, steve winter you have a beatiful pair of earrings over there, the 3d Maze Cube Earrings looks amazing! nice work

index.php?t=getfile&id=54072&private=0

• Attachment: CAM00024.jpg
    (Size: 203.03KB, Downloaded 404 time(s))

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #86215 is a reply to message #78801 ] Fri, 14 March 2014 11:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Another vote for Yes to earring hooks.

And whatever other accessories are needed to turn 3D printed items into wearable items straight ouf the box.

Paul

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #87038 is a reply to message #86215 ] Tue, 01 April 2014 08:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Daphne  is currently offline Daphne
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I normally don't get feedback from my customers, but when my aunt ordered a pair of earrings she was really disappointed that the hooks weren't included (and I had to fix it). So yes, earring hooks would be great. The idea of having disappointed customers isn't really nice.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #87039 is a reply to message #87038 ] Tue, 01 April 2014 09:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I think anyone who has created earrings for SW (or even thought about it) would agree that the option to get SW to supply hooks at the same time is a good one. So the 'poll' of the OP is a bit of a no-brainer.

The question is, as usual, is what is SW going to do about it and when? Or are we (as usual) just talking amongst ourselves again on these forum pages?

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #87190 is a reply to message #78801 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 08:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Sloris  is currently offline Sloris
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I would love to see earring hooks available as a shapeways' option. I clearly state that hooks are not included on my product page and yet I still received a comment from a customer that they expected to have hooks. Hooks would make earring sales a lot easier. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy a pair of earrings that I had to buy the hooks for separately, unless I absolutely fell in love. It reduces impulse buys and gives people the impression that 3D printing still isn't practical. Additionally, it would be very helpful to see a chain option or two for pendants. Thanks for putting this out there.

Reignite the whimsy of childhood. Reinvent the ritual of adulthood. http://www.sloris.com
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #89891 is a reply to message #87190 ] Sun, 18 May 2014 02:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
+1 and 1$ 2 mm China chain for pendants it is a must!!! So pls ... bump the thread up!

numarul7 jewelry and design
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #90775 is a reply to message #89891 ] Fri, 30 May 2014 15:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UltimateGeek  is currently offline UltimateGeek
Go to my shop
Earring hooks and chains for pendants, both which match the type of metal of the 3D print, would be great.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #90854 is a reply to message #90775 ] Sat, 31 May 2014 12:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Narada_Dan_Vantari  is currently offline Narada_Dan_Vantari
Go to my shop
Yes please I am waiting for ear ring hooks.

Also cheap gold chains would be fantastic but I understand it is less likely to happen for a few reasons ...

DV

Sacred Geometry is the study of the fundamental forms of space and time to reveal the secrets of the physical and spiritual worlds. It is a key to good Science, a secret of great Art, and a much needed common ground for the worlds multifarious religions. www.SacredGeometryWeb.com
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #90871 is a reply to message #90854 ] Sat, 31 May 2014 16:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
We're now going to start sending the chains and hooks ourselves and see how that turns out, still hoping Shapeways will add a chain and hook option to the order or model page.

index.php?t=getfile&id=60745&private=0

We order the jewelry findings at I-Beads.eu

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future ! *back on the forums ! x)
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #91109 is a reply to message #90871 ] Tue, 03 June 2014 12:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
FabMe that ones are overpriced.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=earring+backs &catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20140603045319 A simple example.

:)

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #91114 is a reply to message #91109 ] Tue, 03 June 2014 13:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SavIsSavvy  is currently offline SavIsSavvy
Go to my shop
Thank you for all of the feedback, everyone! I've shared this feedback with other members of our team, and we are exploring ways to make this happen. Believe me, we would like to see a great solution to this as well :)

Savannah, your Shop Owner Coach/Global Community Manager
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #91117 is a reply to message #91114 ] Tue, 03 June 2014 14:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
The cost of chains / finding / earring hoops / cords ... can be added like an option on jewelry category , and added to the price of the product.

Better than no option! :)

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #91136 is a reply to message #91117 ] Tue, 03 June 2014 17:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Thank you @numarul7 that is a lot cheaper, could have saved us ± $40,-

We'll definitely try this out next time !

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #91233 is a reply to message #91136 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 18:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
I think we all agree that sound pathetic to have "gold" pendant at 1300 euro and not arriving with at last a gold plated 2 mm chain. On long run this will affect Shapeways and designers in the same way.

This must be treated with urgency , if client pays for it , there there must be an option to deliver to the client. A lost client to a designer , means a lost client to Shapeways and making designers crumble in depression and go after options.

Judging that a Precious metal pendant arrive in a long period of time ... that time it is enough to order some chain for it too ?!

Give competitor a slap giving an option they don`t give to the designers!

NOTE: Only for SIlver/Brass/Gold family restriction will be good so it will not become a mess! But this can be another poll!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 June 2014 18:46 UTC]

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #92230 is a reply to message #91233 ] Wed, 18 June 2014 21:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kenforst  is currently offline kenforst
Go to my shop
Absolutely- I don't wear them myself, but someone shopping for earrings having to go somewhere else for the hooks is like someone buying a car and having to go somewhere else for the tires. The hooks needn't be the most expensive, top-of-the-line material,... just as the tires you get with a car aren't the most expensive, top-of-the line tires. When the buyer wants PLATINUM hooks INSTEAD of the hooks Shapeways supplies, THEN they should be POLITELY directed to an outside vendor.
Just a modest markup should satisfy Shapeways accounting department.
yes, customers wants complete products [message #92558 is a reply to message #78801 ] Mon, 23 June 2014 07:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Inspired_By_Architecture  is currently offline Inspired_By_Architecture
Go to my shop
Yes, customers wants complete products. They don't want to buy stuff separate and then assemble the product themselves. Especially not when talking products in precious metals that are expensive products.

If Shapeways could offer such a service to provide ear ring hooks all parties would be better served.

Mike

By Michael C. Poulsen
Re: yes, customers wants complete products [message #92574 is a reply to message #92558 ] Mon, 23 June 2014 11:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kenforst  is currently offline kenforst
Go to my shop
Description section on anyone's Shapeways shop page offering pendants and lockets:

"Price includes standard sixteen inch 2mm steel* chain."

Description section on anyone's Shapeways shop page offering earrings:

"Price includes standard steel* hooks."

*These items needn't be steel, that's just an example. When bought in bulk from an outside vendor, what would be the cost to Shapeways?

I may not be the brightest business guy, but I don't see the problem.
Re: yes, customers wants complete products [message #92992 is a reply to message #92574 ] Sun, 29 June 2014 23:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
+1 Let`s keep this thread hot guys! Be persistent and will happen!

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #95534 is a reply to message #91136 ] Thu, 07 August 2014 14:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Deadity  is currently offline Deadity
Go to my shop
FabMeJewelry wrote on Tue, 03 June 2014 17:46

We'll definitely try this out next time !

Could you give us some estimate on when you will try this? I am especially keen on buyers having an option to add cords of varying thicknesses and different chains. I would love to see licorice leather cords specifically, and cheaper rope cords of varying colors.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #95714 is a reply to message #95534 ] Fri, 08 August 2014 22:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
To be totally honest, no customer has taken the effort to send a mail with their address to get the chain or earring hooks, it's just too much fuzz.

To be more honest, I actually think our description for receiving the chains actually stand in the way of sales ??? (or the changes to the website making my designs not visible in any of the categories (They were a few months ago and now you have to skip the first 5 pages))

I don't want to rant so I'm not discussing my theories about this and other things further here ;)
I think I'm going to send a mail to Shapeways or pay them a visit sometime in the near future !

[Updated on: Sat, 09 August 2014 08:52 UTC]

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #95734 is a reply to message #95714 ] Sat, 09 August 2014 08:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
We can dream about it ...

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #95735 is a reply to message #95734 ] Sat, 09 August 2014 08:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Yes dreams are good :) @numarul7

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #96455 is a reply to message #95735 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 01:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
Yep I`m dreaming earrings designs ... character designs .... and not last earring hooks "grin" and el cheapo china "chain"

[Updated on: Tue, 19 August 2014 01:22 UTC]

Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #99074 is a reply to message #78801 ] Mon, 22 September 2014 20:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ontogenie  is currently offline Ontogenie
Go to my shop
I just found this thread, and wanted to throw in my support for Shapeways offering earring hooks and chains/bands with the jewelry...it would make the jewelry so much more attractive, in my opinion. Having to explain to potential buyers that they're going to have to track down some jewelry parts and some needle-nose pliers on their own...hmmm, not good.
Re: Poll: Would you like Earring Hooks to be available as a Shapeways option? [message #99337 is a reply to message #99074 ] Sat, 27 September 2014 05:13 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Knowledge Expert
Until this happen , I design some long type of earrings without need of hooks! Won`t wait so much for things to come ... :)

Previous Topic:Help changing the Logo on model page
Next Topic:Where do I find the CSV Markup Wizard

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.