Home » Support » 3D Applications » Set sizes correctly for objects made in Zbrush?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Set sizes correctly for objects made in Zbrush? [message #9519] Wed, 03 February 2010 09:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar johnny_E  is currently offline johnny_E
Go to all my models
I am using Zbrush 3.1 to make some accessories or weapons for toy figures.
The problem I can’t work with a scale in Zbrush to say that the diameter of the sword handle is 2 mm, etc.

What do you use to properly scale things made (in Zbrush)? Any other software you import the mesh into?
Re: Set sizes correctly for objects made in Zbrush? [message #11681 is a reply to message #9519 ] Mon, 12 April 2010 01:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't know about 3.1 since I use 3.5 but try this; as soon as you load up zbrush open up the default sphere and then upload this to Shapeways as a test. This will give you an idea when you later create a model (tool) and compare it to the sphere on screen. This is not an exact method but is not bad. I too have been struggling with getting exact measurments.

(And also with exporting to stl directly, but that is another matter and doesn't apply to zBrush 3.1 as I recall)

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Help. Please suggest good beginner's software.
Next Topic:Problem of price

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.