Home » Support » 3D Design » 3ds Max export to .dae is missing most of model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3ds Max export to .dae is missing most of model [message #94395] Sat, 19 July 2014 21:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar dkkauwe  is currently offline dkkauwe
Go to my shop
Hi,

When I export my model from 3ds Max to .DAE format, the model seems to be disappearing. As you can see in the first screenshot, the .DAE upload to Shapewise is missing everything except for the center red sphere (compare with second screenshot).

I can't figure out what I going on because I'm exporting the entire scene to .DAE, but again, Shapewise is only registering the single, red sphere (.MAX and .DAE are attached).

Also, when I import the .DAE back into 3ds Max, the entire model is present, therefore, it seems like the .DAE does have the entire model within it, but for some reason, when Shapewise reads the .DAE file, it only registers the central red sphere.

If anyone has insight as to what might be happening, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Re: 3ds Max export to .dae is missing most of model [message #94397 is a reply to message #94395 ] Sat, 19 July 2014 22:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
It may be something to do with you saving the grid with the model.
I do not have 3DS.
It will not open in Meshlab and will not import into Sketchup

index.php?t=getfile&id=65543&private=0

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 201.28KB, Downloaded 30 time(s))

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:Colors/Textures not registering with Shapewise
Next Topic:Dimensions extremely off after upload?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.