Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Rejections - Customer Claims
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rejections - Customer Claims [message #93772] Fri, 11 July 2014 15:10 UTC
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Since I'm very often give some critical comments I have also to transport a positive story.

Recently I had an issue with another printing provider:
- Case 1
- The customer claimed that something was missing and documented that via pics
- Other provider's service desk claimed that that was caused by a wrong (!!!!) 3d mesh
- So no refund and no reprint possible
Case 2
- Claim about printing quality documented via pictures
- So far no solution

To be honest the politic from Shapeways is more customer friendly and straight forward:
- the manual checks ensure that the customer gets printed what he sees
- although the rejections are painful for us designers and also for the buyer it ensures that
- if there's a misprint so far I never have heard that the customer does not get a refund (has myself the situation some days ago)
- if there is a design problem Shapeways disables the selling for this material and asks the designer for a correction

Woody64

More then 8700 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr Twitter
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD, How to Become a 3D Printing Entrepreneur
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once) More the 500 successful Products (Items&material printed once)

Previous Topic:Where did the Shop Controls go?
Next Topic:How tags are managed ?!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.