Home » Support » 3D Design » Volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials? [message #92046] Mon, 16 June 2014 19:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar yiomultimedia  is currently offline yiomultimedia
Go to my shop
I saw this in https://www.shapeways.com/materials/strong-and-flexible-plas tic

"... Details on pricing / Density discount
We also offer a volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials. For models that have greater than 10% density (material volume divided by bounding box volume), volume above the first 20cm3 is calculated with a 50% discount..."

I made the walls of a model thicker in order to increase the density above 10% but didn´t notice a discount.

When does a model qualify for this?

Sergio Schnitzler | YIO multimedia | www.yio.com.ar
Re: Volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials? [message #92051 is a reply to message #92046 ] Mon, 16 June 2014 20:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
As it says in the quote you post, it qualifies when the material is Strong and Flexible, the volume is more than 20cm3 and the density is more than 10%.
Re: Volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials? [message #92076 is a reply to message #92051 ] Mon, 16 June 2014 23:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar yiomultimedia  is currently offline yiomultimedia
Go to my shop
I´ve got it.

As mkroeker has answer in this post: "Not able to reduce the cost"

there is a small window within we can save before the added weight outweighs the money saved through that discount.

I am tweaking my model in pursuit of some balanced solution.

Sergio Schnitzler | YIO multimedia | www.yio.com.ar

Previous Topic:Are overlapping/intersecting meshes/shells allowed for 3D printing?
Next Topic:Not able to reduce the cost

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.