Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Default image not being shown by default
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Default image not being shown by default [message #90331] Fri, 23 May 2014 15:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar Gothampixel  is currently offline Gothampixel
Go to my shop
After uploading a new image showcasing a different material I would like it to be the default image people see when they visit my shop. the new image is set as the default but it still shows the older image. When you click into the item the newer image is the first one shown but I want the newer image to be also seen in the shop view and other galleries or searches. I would like to avoid deleting the older image for fear of breaking any Pinterest or other external links.
Is there a setting for a "Global Default Image"?

In my Shop the Shell Wine Earrings should be showing the image of them in Alumide not the White, Strong , flex
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/gothampixel

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Christopher.
Re: Default image not being shown by default [message #90332 is a reply to message #90331 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 15:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Any changes to your model page might take a little while to happen.
Check back on the model page to see if the changes have happened.

Paul

Re: Default image not being shown by default [message #90373 is a reply to message #90332 ] Sat, 24 May 2014 22:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gothampixel  is currently offline Gothampixel
Go to my shop
actually the images were updated days ago, the problem was that a default image would not update unless I updated the default material.
Re: Default image not being shown by default [message #90937 is a reply to message #90373 ] Sun, 01 June 2014 12:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Narada_Dan_Vantari  is currently offline Narada_Dan_Vantari
Go to my shop
I reported this problem to support a month ago.

I find the first picture in the stack (the first uploaded)
tends to be the displayed one in the shop -
(or vica versa I cant remember which way it goes).

I suspect that it wont let me make a Render image into the default either.

SW - please explain how you can have about 5 different issues
with your product and shop image management
ongoing for months ....

Ordering products in shop inventory - sometimes works
uploading product images - usually works
setting default image - usually doesnt work
setting default image in shop - usually doesnt work
uploading new banner - works erratically
uploading new shop logo - seems to be fixed in last couple of days

Sacred Geometry is the study of the fundamental forms of space and time to reveal the secrets of the physical and spiritual worlds. It is a key to good Science, a secret of great Art, and a much needed common ground for the worlds multifarious religions. www.SacredGeometryWeb.com
Re: Default image not being shown by default [message #91949 is a reply to message #90937 ] Sat, 14 June 2014 22:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
We too experience difficulties with setting the default picture for models, also setting a new shop banner is impossible for a while now.

When you set a material for the default picture problems occur sometimes, so why set the material ??
Because when you do and people look at a picture, the material selector switches to the material as displayed in the picture :)

Please fix the issues with setting the default image and maybe give us an option to set the order and fix the shop banner, this will make us super happy !

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Default image not being shown by default [message #96476 is a reply to message #91949 ] Tue, 19 August 2014 10:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar UtorCase  is currently offline UtorCase
Go to my shop
I am also experiencing this issue. I have set the default material, and the picture material the same! Still, the render image shows instead of the default image. Sent an email to SW lets see what they say.

Here is an example https://www.shapeways.com/model/1443184

FabMeJewelry I notice you are part of the Shapeways crew? Does that mean you are an employee? :)

[Updated on: Tue, 19 August 2014 12:09 UTC]

Previous Topic:Simple model size adjustment would be extremely handy.
Next Topic:Finished payment gave me an Shapeways 404

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.