Home »  » Bug Reporting » Shapeways Product Embed foobed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shapeways Product Embed foobed [message #90714] Fri, 30 May 2014 00:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
This needs an update:
https://www.shapeways.com/labs#shop-embed
Its controls appear to still be working, but it's clipped weirdly and it's so tiny the text is illegible.
If that's how it's meant to appear, by all means carry on, but I'm not finding it useful.

But I don't actually need all that functionality on my site. What I'd really like is a widget in which I specify not a shop section, but one or a short list of model ID's. I.e. I tell the widget "1454380" and it puts up a single-item widget for item https://www.shapeways.com/model/1454380/tetrabox.html.
If this existed I'd put them on every page of bathsheba.com. But I can't do that the way things are, because I can't make a section for every item in my shop.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 30 May 2014 00:29 UTC]

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: Shapeways Product Embed foobed [message #90935 is a reply to message #90714 ] Sun, 01 June 2014 12:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Narada_Dan_Vantari  is currently offline Narada_Dan_Vantari
Go to my shop
I managed to size the product embed from labs so it looks pretty good on my site -
but I dont understand what use it is
because if they click through 'Add to Cart'
they will get stuck at some point
and they dont even know they are on Shapeways.

I adapted the code that the labs gives us.
It was full of ridiculous numbers downt to 17 decimal points of a pixel rofl :D

What I would like is a way to sell my products from my site through the SW checkout.
I think that is what Classic Shapeways Embed is supposed to facilitate
but it looks like someone walked away in the middle of the job.

Sacred Geometry is the study of the fundamental forms of space and time to reveal the secrets of the physical and spiritual worlds. It is a key to good Science, a secret of great Art, and a much needed common ground for the worlds multifarious religions. www.SacredGeometryWeb.com
Re: Shapeways Product Embed foobed [message #91363 is a reply to message #90935 ] Thu, 05 June 2014 18:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kzasada  is currently offline kzasada
Go to my shop
I work here
Thanks for raising the issues-- cleaning up the product embed is necessary, and making it based on a list of model IDs would be a great improvement. I'm hopeful that we can tackle these soon :)

Any other product embed features you would like to see?

Previous Topic:Upload system does not proceed.
Next Topic:Shapeway's emails

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.