Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Do not receive certain email notifications
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87186] Thu, 03 April 2014 07:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar RaVNzCRoFT  is currently offline RaVNzCRoFT
Go to my shop
For some reason, I do not get every email notification that I think I should be getting.

1. When I get a private message on the forum, I do not receive an email and I definitely have the "forum message" box checked in my Email Preferences.

2. I do get an email notification whenever I sell a product, so that's good. But the email says we'll "drop you a line when it's being shipped" and I have never received such a notification. I don't see anything under my Email Preferences that would make it seem like I disabled them.

Why am I not receiving these messages and how can I make it so that I start to receive them?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 07:07 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87191 is a reply to message #87186 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 08:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HOLDEN8702  is currently offline HOLDEN8702
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi.

Yesterday shapeways email notifications were working wrong. Two sales went 24 hours delayed and some PM forum notifications came duplied 24 h. after too.

Patience, from time to time shapeways is working wrong in a matter or another, then is fixed and go right.

They never send a message when your sales is sent to customer. Only when your own order is ready and in route.

You can obtain this information in "my sales" label. I have a post-it below the screen with the number and markup of sales and sales correctly printed, to know if something changes.

I know, it's a neandertal way of make things, but it works for me.

Regards

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87192 is a reply to message #87191 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 08:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Luis is correct, yesterday (and maybe the day before) we've had some issues with our mailing tool!
For some reason a lot of emails were just stuck in the system.

When we noticed the issue our development team fixed it right away, sending all the emails with a delay :(

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Regarding the other part, Luis is once again correct.
The email indeed does state that we will drop a line when the items have been shipped.
This hasn't happened for over a year and we will soon be revising the text on the "yippie email" :)

Mitchell

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87239 is a reply to message #87192 ] Thu, 03 April 2014 16:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for that helpful information. That's too bad that you don't send notifications when the order has shipped like the email says, but at least it's not a broken feature like I thought it was.

However, I haven't even experienced the problem of not getting private message email notification in past day or two simply because I haven't gotten a PM in several days. In fact, over the course of a many months, not once have I gotten an email alert. I have received private messages in on 29 March 2014, 19 February 2014, 18 November 2014, etc. I find it hard to believe the system would be working most of the time but for some reason, not working on those specific dates.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 April 2014 16:30 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87581 is a reply to message #87239 ] Wed, 09 April 2014 18:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi.

Issues this afternoon with the notifications (wednesday april 9th 2014, 20:00 GMT+1).

I haven't the notification of a PM received yet, and surely from another sources (I'm waiting an important reply from shappy team, and It doesn't come!).

Regards

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87628 is a reply to message #87581 ] Thu, 10 April 2014 06:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi.

(Thursday april 10th 2014, 08:00 GMT+1).

From yesterday's afternoon, I'm not receiving any notification at all.

At least Three PM sent to me tonight didn't open any notification to my email.

And of course, the important comunication with shapeways team about a model printed and standing for send to parcel didn't come too.

Regards

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87642 is a reply to message #87628 ] Thu, 10 April 2014 11:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
(Thursday april 10th 2014, 13:00 GMT+1).

From yesterday's afternoon, I'm not receiving any notification at all.

NOTIFICATION OF THREE MODELS UPLOADED AND FIVE PM NOT RECEIVED!

And of course, the important comunication with shapeways team about a model printed and standing for send to parcel didn't come too.

Hi, Shappy Team, please also read the bug reporting forum section!

Regards

Luis

[Updated on: Thu, 10 April 2014 11:26 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87769 is a reply to message #87642 ] Fri, 11 April 2014 22:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
The Service Team rejects models, and I do not get any email about it. I have to go looking to see what got rejected. Then guess at why.

Service Team also thinks it's cute to tell my customers that my models are all bad, should be rejected, then tells me it's not trying to ruin my reputation or sales. But none of the bad model issues are brought to my attention. They reject models out of "FEAR" they might get rejected later on. I'v asked why they are doing this. They claim they are just trying to help..

I have uploaded models, and they work, but I get emails telling me something is wrong with the files, but it doesn't say what.

And I don't dare try to talk to the Service Team about it.

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87777 is a reply to message #87642 ] Sat, 12 April 2014 09:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey Luis,

Just noticed this email from our dev team:
"Starting around 10AM EST yesterday (Thursday April 10th), we have been experiencing intermittent problems sending emails from Shapeways. "

Did you receive your emails a few hours ago? (In bulk)

Mitch

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87778 is a reply to message #87777 ] Sat, 12 April 2014 09:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Yes, Mitch. Thanks.

Regards

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87781 is a reply to message #87778 ] Sat, 12 April 2014 10:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Awesome!

forgot to add the rest of the email :P

"We have identified and fixed the issue with one of our servers. All disrupted emails have been resent and service should be back to normal. Apologies for any resulting confusion. Please continue to report any further problems and do let me know if you have any questions. "

Cheers,
Mitchell

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87882 is a reply to message #87781 ] Tue, 15 April 2014 12:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Wahtah  is currently offline Wahtah
Go to my shop
never mind, I didn't have my reading glasses on...

[Updated on: Tue, 15 April 2014 12:16 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #87940 is a reply to message #87882 ] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, I'm not receiving some email notifications from private messages, is this an on going problem?
Regards
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90385 is a reply to message #87940 ] Sun, 25 May 2014 09:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi.

From yesterday's gremlin's hunting raid the emails about new private messages aren't arriving.

I don't know about another type of messages, cause I haven't sold any model from three days ago (but this isn't blame of gremlins, I guess).

I suppose this is another collateral effect of the 2 millions effect, but our beloved tech team may take a look of it.

Now is sunday may 25th 2014 11:30 GMT+1

Thanks and best regards from the sunny Spain.

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90386 is a reply to message #90385 ] Sun, 25 May 2014 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Confirmed, uploading model emails aren't arriving neither.

Now is sunday may 25th 2014 13:00 GMT+1
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90405 is a reply to message #90386 ] Sun, 25 May 2014 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I uploaded two models at 12:25 CDT - received both emails at 12:41 CDT
Not a land speed record, but the emails DID arrive.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90406 is a reply to message #90405 ] Sun, 25 May 2014 17:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I've uploaded another model this afternoon (sunday, may 25th) and ... silence.

One PM received too ... and nothing.

In space no one can hear you scream.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 May 2014 18:21 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90409 is a reply to message #90406 ] Sun, 25 May 2014 22:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Well, finally I've sold two models an hour ago, I saw it in "the feed" and confirmed in my "sales overview", and I'm not receiving any email from shapeways at all.

Now it's 0:37 GMT+1, May 26th-2014.

I'm worried about two or three customers that had to reply some private messages, but if they don't receive emails from shapeways either, they wouldn't knew I had wrote them.

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90415 is a reply to message #90409 ] Mon, 26 May 2014 01:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jlevine  is currently offline jlevine
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys,

Our servers are indeed sending mail - I can see at both the server and the relay service that mails are going out.

We'll keep looking for what's causing them not to be delivered.

J

[Updated on: Mon, 26 May 2014 01:44 UTC]

VP of Engineering | Shapeways
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90424 is a reply to message #90415 ] Mon, 26 May 2014 11:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi J, thanks, but I've received a PM ten minutes ago and there isn't any email yet.

It's 13:40 GMT+1 monday may 26th 2014 in the sunny Spain.

Regards

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90429 is a reply to message #90424 ] Mon, 26 May 2014 13:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Sorry about this continuous "bump", but now I've sold two models to France, there isn't any email of notification at all, but I'm very interested to have this selling confirmed email because this same model has been sold to this same customer (I guess) and it will be nice to contact him if he ordered it identified.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED, I'M NOT RECEIVING MY EMAILS!

It's 15:30 GMT+1 monday may 26th 2014
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90458 is a reply to message #90429 ] Mon, 26 May 2014 20:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jlevine  is currently offline jlevine
Go to my shop
I work here
@HOLDEN8702 - no worries on the bump - it is much appreciated.

I sent you a private message with some details.

Best,
Josh

VP of Engineering | Shapeways
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #90459 is a reply to message #90458 ] Mon, 26 May 2014 20:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Fixed, I guess.

Thank you very much, Josh.

Best regards

Luis
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #91253 is a reply to message #87186 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 20:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi I've notified by a client that email notifications weren't received from messages sent via private message, I wonder if this is a common problem?
Regards
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #91274 is a reply to message #91253 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 22:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OP here. I'd like to note that I still have NEVER gotten a notification telling me I received a private message. I have to assume none of my customers are getting such a message, either. Shapeways REALLY needs to fix this problem.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 June 2014 22:36 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #94367 is a reply to message #91274 ] Sat, 19 July 2014 16:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Still nothing. Shapeways has changed the site pretty substantially in the past few weeks yet still no email notification when we receive a PM?

[Updated on: Sat, 19 July 2014 16:07 UTC]

Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #94368 is a reply to message #94367 ] Sat, 19 July 2014 16:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Any chance that they might have gotten caught by a spam filter (your end or on your provider's mailserver) ? Perhaps try with a different email adress (throwaway webmail thing) in the hope of narrowing down the problem. (I do remember seeing someone else - was it stop4stuff - complaining about
lost mails where it turned out that shapeways' system had flagged his address as unreachable after a few spurious bounces.)
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #94371 is a reply to message #94368 ] Sat, 19 July 2014 16:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I get all other emails from Shapeways. From what I can tell, nothing is being blocked.
Re: Do not receive certain email notifications [message #94381 is a reply to message #94371 ] Sat, 19 July 2014 18:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Strange (though only shapeways will know which part of their customer presence is served from different systems and locations). I have sometimes experienced notifications of all types lagging behind, but seen complete outages only when everybody was affected.

Previous Topic:I can`t unsubscribe from threads
Next Topic:Website login issue

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.