Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Thin Wall Fix Purgatory
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Thin Wall Fix Purgatory [message #91168] Tue, 03 June 2014 22:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bobbiethejean  is currently offline Bobbiethejean
Go to my shop
I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug or not but I'm having a problem either way. I am trying to perform a thin walls fix on this model: https://www.shapeways.com/model/2033629/dragon-jar-print-fin al.html?modelId=2033629&materialId=6 and it has been computing for almost 20 minutes now. usually it takes a few minutes tops but sometimes this happens where it gets stuck computing and never resolves. I've tried again and again only to be met with the same problem. I've tried disabling no-scripts and that had no effect. I'm trying to see if I can "thin-walls-fix" another model but the wall thickness check won't even load. It just says "loading" and it's been stuck like that for ten minutes.

Firefox, windows 7, model has 700K+ polys.

[Edit] An hour later and still having problems.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 June 2014 23:42 UTC]

Re: Thin Wall Fix Purgatory [message #91184 is a reply to message #91168 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 04:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah....... I just let it run for almost an hour and still nothing.
Re: Thin Wall Fix Purgatory [message #91230 is a reply to message #91184 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 18:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Stillllllllll not workin.
Re: Thin Wall Fix Purgatory [message #91242 is a reply to message #91168 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 19:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
There seems to be a problem, that when the software hits an issue, that it doesn't kick out an error. So in effect it stops working and all you see is that it says that it's thickening your model.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Thin Wall Fix Purgatory [message #91244 is a reply to message #91242 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 19:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
And even if it runs successfully it just sticks random blobs on your model.
Re: Thin Wall Fix Purgatory [message #91245 is a reply to message #91244 ] Wed, 04 June 2014 19:49 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
AmLachDesigns wrote on Wed, 04 June 2014 19:42

And even if it runs successfully it just sticks random blobs on your model.

Exactly. I realize it is a work in progress so I'm not going to get all barky about it but I thought I'd just point it out. I've had it work fine on other models (less complex and lower poly models, usually).

Previous Topic:Text looks wrong on the site at one page.
Next Topic:Is the Upload working?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.