Home » Community » It arrived! » Instrument case liner
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Instrument case liner [message #9052] Mon, 18 January 2010 01:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar tones3-d  is currently offline tones3-d
Go to my shop
My old depth micrometer case annoyed me every time I used the tool, which had to be dismantled (and wound in) before I could put it away after use:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2316&private=0
The empty spaces are for the setting tools which were already missing by the time I acquired the tool.

Here's the new case insert:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2315&private=0

Here it is in use:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2317&private=0
I can now put the tool away with any of its bars in place, and anywhere in its measuring range

Re: Instrument case liner [message #9057 is a reply to message #9052 ] Mon, 18 January 2010 03:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar sFsGaming  is currently offline sFsGaming
Go to my shop
Very cool!

That's a great idea! Smile
Re: Instrument case liner [message #9606 is a reply to message #9052 ] Fri, 05 February 2010 02:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
good use! it takes a bit to start to think in a world where 3D printing exists. when something bugs you, breaks, doesn't perform well, you can just redesign it and print it. great example of this.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Instrument case liner [message #9607 is a reply to message #9606 ] Fri, 05 February 2010 03:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Couldn't put it better than jeff. You also did a lovely job on the model. Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us!

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: Instrument case liner [message #9738 is a reply to message #9052 ] Tue, 09 February 2010 07:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tones3-d  is currently offline tones3-d
Go to my shop
Many thanks for all the positive feedback.

Jeff: I agree 100%. It's taking some time for me to release decades of "too-hard-to-do" projects into the creative space, and get on with them; and now, it's so easy.

Previous Topic:Broken Free!
Next Topic:The Duck Has Landed!