Home » Shapeways » Shapeways & Shapies in Your Region » Want to host a Shapeways Community Meetup in Your Region?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Want to host a Shapeways Community Meetup in Your Region? [message #89190] Mon, 05 May 2014 21:48 UTC
avatar EleanorW  is currently offline EleanorW
Go to all my models
I work here
https://www.shapeways.com/blog/uploads/londoncollage1.jpg

What is a Shapeways Meetup?

Shapeways Community Meetups are informal gatherings of 3D printing lovers. People bring their own models, have a drink and talk with each other about their projects. They are often organized by Shapeways Crew members - passionate leaders in the Shapeways community who enjoy organizing and hosting events.

Shapeways wouldn't exist without you, our community members and a meetup organizer you are helping to build the future of Shapeways and the 3D printing community.

What does it take to host a meetup?

We are looking for people who enjoy meeting others and talk about design and 3D printing. As a host, you are 'in charge' of picking a venue and welcoming everyone - but you will not be alone! You can discuss general issues and your particular event here on this forum with all the other hosts and the Shapeways community managers and post about the meetup on the Shapeways & Shapies in Your Region forum thread.

Sounds cool, how do I start one?

1. Check our Shapeways Meetups Everywhere to see if there is already a group of people in your area. If not, create your own! (Search for your town and click on 'Start a new community in...') If you're not sure if there are other members in your area, don't worry - just by adding your meetup to the list you may be able to find each other.
  2. Leave a message on the Shapeways & Shapies in Your Region forum thread. Our community managers will try to put you in touch with other members in your area.
  3. Select a date and a time. Meetings in the early evening (say, 7pm-9pm) usually work best, but feel free to pick any other time.
  4. Find a location. Good spots include bars (our favorite), schools and a meeting room at work. Call to see if they can host 10-20 people (the average meetup size). Do not accept any financial obligations for space - people will pay their own drinks and snacks. Do you find it hard to pick a location? Discuss it with your meetup members or on the forum.
  5. Reach out to crew@shapeways.com to tell us about the meetup so we can help you promote it.

Should I do anything during or after the event?

Yes! We love hear your stories, please take pictures and post a short report of your evening in your thread on Shapeways & Shapies in Your Region.

How can Shapeways support my event?

We'll do everything we can to make your meetup successful, both during preparation but also during the event itself! If you are regularly organizing events in your region we'd love to have you as part of Shapeways Crew so that we can support you with Shapeways sample products, shirts, and swag! Email us at crew@shapeways.com for more information.

Eleanor, Shapeways Community Outreach Coordinator

Previous Topic:German Shapies
Next Topic:Welcome to our global community!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.