Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Las Vegas, NV
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello from Las Vegas, NV [message #8741] Tue, 05 January 2010 13:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar John Bear Ross  is currently offline John Bear Ross
Go to my shop
Well, the town of Pahrump is a small spot about an hour outside of Vegas, but close enough.

I'm John Bear Ross, and I've decided to give production-on-demand a try. My thanks to the nice people here at Shapeways for creating a venue such as this.

Expect the typical "non-manifold" questions, since I've been spoiled in the past with simply letting the printer take care of mesh defects. I've been working in the tabletop game industry for a few years, now. Reaper's CAV, Wizkids' Mechwarrior, and Xtreme Hobby's Cold Navy line are a few examples of my work.

You can see more of my WIP stuff at my blog, http://johnbearross.blogspot.com

or swing by my main gallery site at http://www.johnbearross.com

Thanks!

Best,
JBR
Re: Hello from Las Vegas, NV [message #8742 is a reply to message #8741 ] Tue, 05 January 2010 15:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
Good timing, John!! A lot of Shapeways people will be in Vegas this week for the CES. If you go, look for them (not sure where). I checked the exhibitor list and I didn't see Shapeways, so I don't think they have a booth.
Re: Hello from Las Vegas, NV [message #8751 is a reply to message #8742 ] Tue, 05 January 2010 20:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar John Bear Ross  is currently offline John Bear Ross
Go to my shop
No booth, no problem, since I don't have a pass to CES. It's a madhouse when it's in town, but that's good for the economy, so no worries.

I'm up for a beer or seven, though.

Try the Hard Rock Hotel and the Palms for eye candy, the Haufbrau House for beer, and the Double Down Saloon for a good dive bar.

Best,
JBR

Previous Topic:hellow from indonesia
Next Topic:Introductions

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.