Home »  » 3D Applications » Question for ZBrush users
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Question for ZBrush users [message #8616] Wed, 30 December 2009 13:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm wondering about this ZBrush. I see that it makes amazing figures. But what about mechanical models? How is the learning curve on it for those that started with a mechanical modeling program? I have used AutoCAD and KeyCreator. To make a person like model in these would be exhausting. But to make mechanically precise models is not a problem.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Question for ZBrush users [message #8650 is a reply to message #8616 ] Wed, 30 December 2009 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I use zBrush but I would not use it for mechanical modelling. I'm not saying it's not possible, but it simply is not designed for that purpose. As an organic modeller it is fantastic, though! What I do like doing is modelling the basic shape in a mechanical modelling programme and then importing an .obj file into zBrush for shaping and detailing...

Hope that helps.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Question for ZBrush users [message #8653 is a reply to message #8616 ] Wed, 30 December 2009 19:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Yes, Thank you. I was considering it because I don't have something to use at home at all, and the software I use isn't very good at the organic stuff. But I prefer to do mostly mechanical drawings. Maybe a combo in both fashions (export mechanical to zbrush, and organic to mechanical) would work well.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Downscale model
Next Topic:Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.