Home » Support » 3D Printing » Materials and composition question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Materials and composition question [message #86007] Sun, 09 March 2014 19:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar NitescoVeritas  is currently offline NitescoVeritas
Go to my shop
I designed this keyfob with the intent to making it out of metal.
But the price places it at near $400

It makes me wonder, do you have special sales and discounts from time to time by chance?

index.php?t=getfile&id=53967&private=0

Re: Materials and composition question [message #86014 is a reply to message #86007 ] Sun, 09 March 2014 22:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Yes there are special sales from time to time, or at least there have been in the past. On the other hand, have you checked that the size of the uploaded part corresponds to what you intended ? A price near $400 would suggest around 20ccm of material which would make this a rather largeish keyfob.
Re: Materials and composition question [message #86021 is a reply to message #86014 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 03:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yes, the part is exactly 4x2x5/8 in inches

unless there is something I am missing.
Re: Materials and composition question [message #86022 is a reply to message #86021 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 05:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith is currently online stonysmith
Go to my shop
Definitely something wrong there.. unless you're trying to print it in one of the metals.

It should be around $60 in WhiteStrongFlexible:
http://stonysmith.com/wired/VolumeEstimator.asp?L=4&W=2& amp;H=.625&T=0&S=1&I=1

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Materials and composition question [message #86023 is a reply to message #86022 ] Mon, 10 March 2014 12:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
well I am not leaving metal off the table, it would be the end result of all this.
Maybe I should just be patient then?

Previous Topic:3D printing & 3D Models | Manan Interactive
Next Topic:Rapid?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.