Home » Support » 3D Printing » Polyjet printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polyjet printing [message #85627] Fri, 28 February 2014 20:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar Arcathorn  is currently offline Arcathorn
Go to all my models
Wow.......I just got off another 3D print site...who's name I will keep to myself. Who are offering a huge variety of printed parts in full color using a polyjet printer they just got. Not only is this thing badass its also capable of printing in get this.........MULTI Materials!

Downside? Its god awful expensive. To do a material change they wanted to charge a couple hundred........and each part was over 30 bucks for just a small one.......................But wow........I was blown away by it.

"Do or do not there is no try"-Yoda
Re: Polyjet printing [message #85694 is a reply to message #85627 ] Sun, 02 March 2014 18:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Porsche makes something that looks kinda like a Volkswagen Beetle, but it goes faster. It costs waaaaaay more than the Beetle, despite being very similar in dimension, look, and weight, and using many of the same materials of manufacture.

What, exactly, was your point?

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Polyjet printing [message #85697 is a reply to message #85694 ] Sun, 02 March 2014 18:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Arcathorn  is currently offline Arcathorn
Go to all my models
No point. Just commenting on a tech that till then I didn't know existed. Being able to get a plastic print in full color and mixing materials is pretty cool. No need to be degrading

"Do or do not there is no try"-Yoda

Previous Topic:Elasto-Plastic Flexibility
Next Topic:Need a clarification on difference between walls and "supporting" material (for lack of be

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.