Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing. [message #85466] Wed, 26 February 2014 15:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar oliverbrunt  is currently offline oliverbrunt
Go to all my models
Hello all.

I understand the double helix shape has been 3D printed, which is awesome. But I'm hoping to do something more; I'm hoping to take actual DNA data and turn it into something beautiful. Almost like an emblem for yourself, made from you. 3D printing can make impossible and beautiful objects, I'd love to experiment with using DNA as the input and see what happens.

Any help would be amazing.

Kind Regards

Oliver
Re: Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing. [message #85477 is a reply to message #85466 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 18:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SaschaBose  is currently offline SaschaBose
Go to my shop
PM sent. ;-)

http://www.saschabose.wordpress.com https://www.facebook.com/sbosedesign
Re: Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing. [message #85495 is a reply to message #85466 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 23:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Have a browse through my pendant designs - I'm pretty sure the double helix of DNA could fit in nicely. The bonus is that I have all the construction files for my mobius style models, so adapting the for DNA is quite simple and would be cheap.

Paul

Re: Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing. [message #85511 is a reply to message #85495 ] Thu, 27 February 2014 10:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar oliverbrunt  is currently offline oliverbrunt
Go to all my models
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I'm trying to stay away from the Helix, it would look lovely similar to some of your designs, I think I'm hoping to take actual DNA data and use that to form the shapes.

Ollie
Re: Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing. [message #85563 is a reply to message #85511 ] Thu, 27 February 2014 18:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I think I let my fingers get behind my head.
I'll send a Private Message with more thoughts.

Paul

Re: Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing. [message #85564 is a reply to message #85563 ] Thu, 27 February 2014 18:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar HOLDEN8702  is currently offline HOLDEN8702
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi, Paul.

Let her (the DNA helix) dance for you! Convert the helix in a female shape from a smoke cloud...

or in a dinossaur as in Jurassic Park!

good luck in your search ;)

Luis

Previous Topic:Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand
Next Topic:Quote for prototype game pieces

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.